Thought I'd start a new thread for This is Tomorrow 2020 so we aren't having to revisit the 2019 one. Anyway, thoughts on the new lineup announcement? Can't say it does a lot for me, tempted for the Sunday purely for Fender at this point. Any ideas at all on who the Friday headliner could be? Can see another barrier failure if Cinnamon's crowds are as rowdy as I've heard.

(Also my first post on this site, greetings eFestivals!)

This is Tomorrow 2020.jpg

Edited by Pottsy2913

The headliners alone should probably sell the day tickets, since tickets for their gigs up here were like gold dust, but there's nowt for me there. Hoping for a more appealing Friday. It might well be someone like The Libertines who never announced a Newcastle gig with the UK tour this month. 

4 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Personally like a lot of the undercard, could see a return for foals after last years cock up, with a gap in their dates, and not coming newcastle on their tour

Foals are in America then. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think this is half bad - I despise Gerry Cinnamon like but I can appreciate the booking as he's popular. Sam Fender day is great with loyal carner and Declan McKenna below in my eyes. Three great artists.

I checked though to see if it had sold out so soon (just like the rest of Sam's Newcastle dates for the past year) and saw that they're charging £53 without fees. That's a lot. The festival still has a lot of growing to do. Been the last two years and exhibition park was an improvement location wise but still would have liked a nicer more organised infrastructure, especially seeing as Foals was cut short (still so mad about that) due to a failed barrier. They've got a lot to do to apologise for that in my eyes, and raising the prices so much is ridiculous, I wouldn't have expected it to have been more than £40 a pop, with a hope that it would be around £35.

It's nice to have an inner city/day festival in Newcastle, been far too long and glad that someone saw the gap and has filled it with this and Hit The North. 

1 hour ago, RUMINE said:

I don't think this is half bad - I despise Gerry Cinnamon like but I can appreciate the booking as he's popular. Sam Fender day is great with loyal carner and Declan McKenna below in my eyes. Three great artists.

I checked though to see if it had sold out so soon (just like the rest of Sam's Newcastle dates for the past year) and saw that they're charging £53 without fees. That's a lot. The festival still has a lot of growing to do. Been the last two years and exhibition park was an improvement location wise but still would have liked a nicer more organised infrastructure, especially seeing as Foals was cut short (still so mad about that) due to a failed barrier. They've got a lot to do to apologise for that in my eyes, and raising the prices so much is ridiculous, I wouldn't have expected it to have been more than £40 a pop, with a hope that it would be around £35.

It's nice to have an inner city/day festival in Newcastle, been far too long and glad that someone saw the gap and has filled it with this and Hit The North. 

Foals tickets were £45 before fees last year, think Noel and Stereophonics might've been a little bit more so they've only gone up by a few quid.

So far I haven't had great experiences with the festival: Catfish a couple of years ago was organised dreadfully which completely ruined the day, and obviously Foals getting less than half of their set in was shit, and the organisers both times showed no sign of caring. Hopefully this year will be better because it is great to have a festival right in the centre of the city.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Panic! At The Disco as the Friday night headliners. First Newcastle show since 2011, and would surely sell well.

A man can dream, eh?

But yeah, I recall the security at the Thirty Seconds To Mars day in 2018 being horrendous. A mates bag not being allowed in despite it being stated on the website that bags were allowed in was a joke. Pretty sure it didn't even state on the website at the time what size bags were allowed in either, or type. Heard there were similar issues this year. Would love for this festival to grow and become something special, but they need to sort basic things out first. Felt so badly for Foals as well like, stuff like that shouldn't be happening. At the very least refunds should have been given out.

• 1 month later...