The Strokes?

Jack.194

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I feel like this second ‘comeback’ has got even more hype behind it than their first one in 2011, almost as if Angles and Comedown Machine have been forgotten about and this is the real deal. Not a fan, but really intrigued to see where they go with this new album regardless.

I think interest had just waned in them by 2011 and people weren’t feeling terribly nostalgic for a scene on its last legs, right? Guess it’s like if The Stone Roses came back in 2002 rather than 2012.

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

All 3 of whom are playing large outdoor concerts this summer. Even if all of their post 2010 recorded output has been hit and miss, they've all still got suitable clout.

There's quite a fair amount of indie bands from that 2001-06 boom who have faded into obscurity, sure. But there's probably better examples than that particular trio.

Yes, I was really meaning my view of their recent recorded output which I see as being a big drop in quality, I do really like all these bands, I was in John Peel 2 hrs in advance to be at the front for The Killers, I saw Kasabian with about 20 people once.... I just wish any of them could make a top album again.

According to some sleuths on The Strokes' subreddit, these are the titles of the tracks on 'The New Abnormal':

• The Adults are Talking
  • Selfless
  • Brooklyn Bridge to Chorus
  • Bad Decisions
  • Eternal Summer
  • At the Door
  • Why are Sundays so Depressing?
  • Not the Same Anymore
  • Ode to the Mets

Note that Generation X (Gen X) are credited on 'Bad Decisions', The Psychedelic Furs on 'Eternal Summer' and a member of the band Kaluka Bone (two listeners on Last.fm, one obviously Julian, very strange situation this) on the song 'At the Door', which is rumoured to be released on Tuesday. Album should be announced too, right?

Seems like it will be a good week for The Strokes fans (and Kaluka Bone).

I think that The Adults Are Talking was playing at some shows last summer tbf. Even if it wasn't for All Points East.

On 2/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, I was really meaning my view of their recent recorded output which I see as being a big drop in quality, I do really like all these bands, I was in John Peel 2 hrs in advance to be at the front for The Killers, I saw Kasabian with about 20 people once.... I just wish any of them could make a top album again.

The Killers gig on the John Peel stage at Glasto 17 did look wicked tbf. Arguably moreso than their 2019 headline slot, but then that might be down to it being one of the last times the full band turned up and the fan atmosphere. That show was still good though.

15 minutes ago, Henry Sullivan said:

Some saying 22nd and some saying 19th at this point i have no idea hahahah im personally hoping 19th as i have 1975 on 22nd but i will sell my ticket if i have too hahaha

The Strokes on a Saturday night at the Roundhouse would be awesome  

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, dentalplan said:

According to some sleuths on The Strokes' subreddit, these are the titles of the tracks on 'The New Abnormal':

• The Adults are Talking
  • Selfless
  • Brooklyn Bridge to Chorus
  • Bad Decisions
  • Eternal Summer
  • At the Door
  • Why are Sundays so Depressing?
  • Not the Same Anymore
  • Ode to the Mets

Note that Generation X (Gen X) are credited on 'Bad Decisions', The Psychedelic Furs on 'Eternal Summer' and a member of the band Kaluka Bone (two listeners on Last.fm, one obviously Julian, very strange situation this) on the song 'At the Door', which is rumoured to be released on Tuesday. Album should be announced too, right?

Seems like it will be a good week for The Strokes fans (and Kaluka Bone).

Do you have a link to that?

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Not sure if that's legit but if it turns out to be, maybe Glastonbury could actually happen..

1 minute ago, thrillhouse188 said:

‘Leaked’ R&L line up has them subbing Liam Gallagher, but then also IDLES subbing Rage which seems odd 

I saw it mentioned elsewhere that Mallory Knox aren't even a band anymore so pretty much fake. 

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

No photo description available.

Not sure if that's legit but if it turns out to be, maybe Glastonbury could actually happen..

That'd be mega strong, Bugsey is spelt wrong so you'd hope it's fake though. 

I always liked them but I'm not sure anyone cares enough about Cabbage for them to be that high.