The Strokes?

Jack.194

8 hours ago, garc1a said:

I thought they sounded great when they were going, sure a a few tech probs  led to gaps between songs but the songs were great and they sounded ((as good as you can at trnsmt))... He didn't like the crowd and let it known.. difficulty at trnsmt most there for the likes of capaldi and nutini with average age of 18.. the strokes had a small headline crowd.  Personally I enjoyed it, even tho you could see they didn't want to be to to there .. the flip side is if you take the money to then you play to the crowd regardless, I just thought it was a bit of a shit crowd and it went downhill with the crowd sing fuck the Tory's to the tune of seven nation army early on which got a reaction from them on stage to what the fuck people singing white stripe songs ...

Typical idiotic nonsense from some in Glasgow crowds. That and here we, here we, here we .... Go etc. Tedious, singing white stripes to the strokes with no knowledge of the history of band on stage 

The Saturday line up was so strong (to my tastes anyhow) with the Strokes, Fontaines DC, Wet Leg, Maximo Park & Self Esteem. You are right though, the audience was ridiculously young, possibly more because of the line up for the other days. I just went for the Saturday, but my friends that went for the full weekend said they found the crowd particularly annoying on the Sunday and it put them off a bit.

I'm realising how wasted I was by the time the Strokes came on as I don't actually remember any of the technical problems. Maybe a mistake not having another act on at the same time as the headliner, which might be why there are people there with no knowledge of the band on stage!

My highlight was being right at the front for Maximo Park and Self Esteem, who were both fantastic.

On 7/10/2022 at 10:52 PM, steviewevie said:

Why? Thought that was a nice touch. I thought they sounded great, and I liked Casablanca's schtick, thought he was funny and also sounded great, but I know he can be pretty erratic.

I agree. They could have used a bit more volume early in the set but I have no real complaints. Julian's humour goes straight over the heads of some people, he doesn't need help, he's just having fun. Some of those Twitter people definitely need an intervention though.

As for the girl getting on stage, it only happened because the crowd were cheering for it when she held her sign up. Julian was reluctant at first. I didn't begrudge her 5 minutes of fame.

I heard a couple of people complaining because 'Last Nite' wasn't played. I didn't miss it, I prefer 'The Modern Age' and 'Hard To Explain' from the first album.

A delayed train meant I arrived 2 hours later than planned so I was going through the gate as Wet Leg were playing Chaise Longue. I've seen them 3 times in small venues in the last 10 months so I wasn't too bothered.

I boycotted the bars. Sainsbury's gained what the festival lost. I ended the night in Blackpool Bootleg Social, £3.50 a pint! 

Really enjoyed them on Friday, Julian’s stage presence has definitely improved over years. Loved his humour and anti-frontman ways. They look like they really love playing together these days too. Set was short and sweet I thought but kept everyone happy. First time at Lytham and thought it was a decent enough setup. 

• Like 1