The Strokes?

Jack.194

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

They just dropped three more headline festival slots for Scandinavia in August

I'd love an autumn/winter tour, guess it depends when the album drops though

Ooft, that Way Out West line up is outstanding. Think I have my second summer festival 

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I really hope they they come back strongly, most of the bands of their era just fade away into irrelevance (Kasabian, The Killers, Kings of Leon, etc)

image.thumb.png.7c7a0d94a781d19b730b2155e1c2e8cb.png

Hardly irrelevance with a tour like this, their last album was their best for a while with like 5 solid bangers.

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Live shows. Strange two bands to pick for those from that era to have faded into irrelevance. They've declined (on several metrics, not all) of course but are doing very well vs almost all their contemporaries. 

I guess if you're into football chanting lad rock, cool.

• Downvote 9

Is it just me or does there always seem an abnormal amount of rumours for the Strokes compared to any other band? Part of me has stopped believing anything and starting to suspect there's some secret, covert group who go round fabricating rumours just to build up and then crush the fans hope...

Can you tell i'm slightly desperate for this roundhouse gig to happen?

54 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Is it just me or does there always seem an abnormal amount of rumours for the Strokes compared to any other band? Part of me has stopped believing anything and starting to suspect there's some secret, covert group who go round fabricating rumours just to build up and then crush the fans hope...

Can you tell i'm slightly desperate for this roundhouse gig to happen?

Wait til the new album goes down a storm and they're in the frame for a Pyramid headline slot in 2021

On 2/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

I really hope they they come back strongly, most of the bands of their era just fade away into irrelevance (Kasabian, The Killers, Kings of Leon, etc)

All 3 of whom are playing large outdoor concerts this summer. Even if all of their post 2010 recorded output has been hit and miss, they've all still got suitable clout.

There's quite a fair amount of indie bands from that 2001-06 boom who have faded into obscurity, sure. But there's probably better examples than that particular trio.

On 2/5/2020 at 4:31 PM, RaphPH said:

Saw the Strokes 8 times last year - and didn't expect to see them so many times this year - will be at Paris and Belfast - can't make Berlin as seeing The Who in Kingston... Am chuffed that Prima and BKS booked them too...

If they aren't playing festivals then I would expect an O2 gig or something later in year...

Also Julian HATES touring - and so they have large caps to appease him into saying yes - it's why they flew in and flew out to each festival last year rather than tour...

That is commitment 👏

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I do get a feeling that many will be surprised by how popular The Strokes prove to be in 2020.

Yeah I feel like this second ‘comeback’ has got even more hype behind it than their first one in 2011, almost as if Angles and Comedown Machine have been forgotten about and this is the real deal. Not a fan, but really intrigued to see where they go with this new album regardless.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Whats happening with the roundhouse?

On 2/7/2020 at 9:42 AM, Mooreo said:

word is it'll be the 19th, tickets on sale 14th....

Strokes at Roundhouse with short notice?

Suppose it makes a little sense given they're in Europe for the Paris/Berlin/Belfast triple.