Cover Versions vs Originals

Quark

A fairly obscure one which I always wonder how many people know is a cover, due to it being so on brand for the covering artist, and the minimal fan crossover with where it originates from, Alestorm - Wolves of the Sea:

Which was originally a camp, kid's-party-entertainers-in-fancy-dress style Eurovison entry ?

11 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Ike and Tina 

whole lotta love

That’s great, I don’t believe I’ve heard that before. To me their Proud Mary is one of the greatest covers of all time, in this performance it’s two versions in one. I really miss Tina Turner.

https://youtu.be/hzQnPz6TpGc

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A lot of people seem to love this cover. I fucking hate it with a passion, but it would be all dull world of everyone was as right as me:

Absolute tosh. Saw them at Download the year they released that and made myself unpopular with the crowd by letting rip the single loudest belch I have ever managed during his dramatic shitty pause right at the end. Spoiled the mood somewhat.

Childish and puerile? Very.

Satisfying? Absolutely.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Only last week I said to my mate that Marylin Manson would be my choice for a Midnight at the Shangri La set. Though I suspect he's too big for that. 

Yeah, dont see it happening although he's definitely not as high profile as he used to be. Be good though. Get some of the earlier stuff from Children, American Family and Antichrist going and I'd be all over it :D

Have to say I'm not a massive fan of the Personal Jesus cover. It's ok, but like the Cash one that @eastynh brought up they didn't do anything massively different in terms of the feel of the song for me. And DM's is better!

Edited by Quark