What if the 50th was the final one?

7 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

can you imagine the downer it would be on monday morning? Eurgh

Yea right, after the Sunday night post headline message on the Pyramid big screens....."Michael, Emily and the whole Eavis family would like to thank you for coming to our festival for the past 50 years and sorry to say we won't see you next year cos that's it, never again, now fuck off"

7 hours ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

fine by me.

seems like a good time to bow out.

would save a lot of hassle, and would save a LOT of money.

Glastonbury Festival is my favourite place in the world - but things gotta end sometime.

Might be your favourite place in the world but you haven't quite grasped it yet!

14 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

how so?

Just joking, your comments seemed quite flippant (but realistic!) amongst all us stupidly obsessive Glasto types.

We're not all here to be realistic and obviously our beloved festival will still exist for millions of years to come, fact.

Edited by Cooter

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Just joking, your comments seemed quite flippant (but realistic!) amongst all us stupidly obsessive Glasto types.

We're not all here to be realistic and obviously our beloved festival will still exist for millions of years to come, fact.

hey - i'm just a tired, broken bitter old man who lives through a blurry rose tinted view of the "good ol' days".

best just to ignore me ?

11 hours ago, sedra said:

I thought they had contracts until 2030 with the neighbours unless I am just making that up in my head? I am sure Michael said 12 years? On the other hand when I read Emily’s bits in the book she sounded like it might come to end soon?

I don't think it's that long but the contracts in place will be on the basis of the festival actually happening.

Bad luck with various risks materialising could bring at all to an end:

- bad weather on consecutive years resulting in cancellations

- contract disputes with neighbours

- licensing issues

Maybe the organisers would just want to stop.

I don’t think next year will be the last but I accept the festival no longer running is a possibility. I’d be fine with it.  

D3354F76-0435-4287-BECA-79F3F7A96498.gif