Arriving on Thursday late Morning

Beardybrain

10 hours ago, Beardybrain said:

Not been to Glastonbury since 1998 and we can’t get away until Thursday morning my question is how easy will it be to find a camping space for a small tent not too far away from the action as it were? 

Depends which action you looking for. Camping areas around the Pyramid and close to the Other Stage are pretty much rammed by Wednesday evening. You will find space further afield Thursday without being too far from "the action", especially at the western fringes which have not filled since they where taken into the festival site. That said, I believe the capacity for 2020 has been raised by the addition of 7500 extra coach/fest ticket places which, if I am correct, will added upwards of 3000 tents requiring space.

Stayed in Woodies couple of times and it’s been rammed by Weds midnight, you can hear people taking the last bit of space, through the middle of the night, squeezing into the gap between the tents with enough room to have 3rds of the tent erected, leaving us with no space to sit down or even get out of the entrance

• 2 weeks later...

Darble, Pylon and Bushy will have plenty of space on the Thursday. Lime Kiln Hill too. All of these are not too far from John Peel, Silver Hayes and Pyramid all well within 15minutes walk. My last two times inside the fence were spent at Pylon, it's a trek back from the SE Corner/Park but for the north side entertainment it's perfectly fine.

If you are after the other side then Paines Ground would be your best bet I reckon.

2 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

If you are after the other side then Paines Ground would be your best bet I reckon.

With enough searching, you should be able to find a space for a single tent in Paines, possibly Park Home too if you're really lucky

Otherwise, there's always plenty of room in the South Parks.  it's not too bad for the South East Corner, Arcadia and The Park but a fair trek to everywhere else.