Extreme Mud or Extreme Heat.

Crazyfool01

Extreme Mud or Extreme Heat. ? definitive poll :)   

290 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worst ? Extreme Mud ? or Extreme heat ?....... ok these things are all relative :)

• Extreme Mud
    • Extreme Heat

Easy, whichever one you happen to be experiencing at that moment.

seriously though, I’d say extreme heat, you can mitigate for mud and rain with clothing, Skin is waterproof and mud washes off, extreme heat is just there, all the time, there’s not much you can do about it, especially at Glastonbury where there’s very little shade, you can wear light clothing, a hat and drink lots of water but you are still f’kin hot.

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Spent more time in 2019 doing absolutely fuck all, not drinking or doing any drugs, not even speaking at some points than any other year I’ve been. I was just praying that the sun would calm down a bit. Was absolute hell on Saturday. Felt like fucking off home. I can’t believe anyone enjoyed that heat. How?

I enjoyed it but I like the sun! I can understand why it wouldn’t be nice if you struggle with it though. 

I wouldn’t like to have to do anything too physical in it but to just chill and wander about in it’s nice. 

That would certainly be hot but maybe not extreme (unless you combined it with heavy humidity).  Its not unusual to be at summer festivals here where its over 90/32 and some of the festivals out west can get hotter.  Have to be smart about liquids and taking some breaks but its manageable.  Will definitely take that level of heat over mud any day.

2 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Oh dear, that may be embarrassing,  bit like when my sister in law visits from Australia.

When she's visiting she also struggles when I answer her request to go sight seeing with. "That's a long way to go" .?

When I flew to Nz I didn’t realise how big Australia was ... once we hit that I was thinking I was nearly there ... couldn’t have been more wrong :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

When I flew to Nz I didn’t realise how big Australia was ... once we hit that I was thinking I was nearly there ... couldn’t have been more wrong :) 

Had exactly the same experience. Visited New Zealand ten plus years ago. Seemed like hours of looking down on the rusty red land of Australia.

Hope you didn't spend your time in New Zealand getting drunk and telling people the land belongs to the Maori's. Nor getting even more drunk and breaking into the WRONG campervan on the presumption that your asshole mate had locked you out. My apologies to the couple involved,  I now understand that my drunken insistence on being friendly, may of come across a bit wrong. ?

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

Had exactly the same experience. Visited New Zealand ten plus years ago. Seemed like hours of looking down on the rusty red land of Australia.

Hope you didn't spend your time in New Zealand getting drunk and telling people the land belongs to the Maori's. Nor getting even more drunk and breaking into the WRONG campervan on the presumption that your asshole mate had locked you out. My apologies to the couple involved,  I now understand that my drunken insistence on being friendly, may of come across a bit wrong. ?

11years ago for me ... and even then I laughed at the fact they had cassettes for sale still :) 

Yup voted wrong. Extreme Heat is the worst. I do really poorly in the heat and burn/sweat really easily. The Wednesday of 2017 took me out for most of Thursday. I can handle the mud as long as its not raining during the time its muddy. I would much rather 4-5 days of the mud from 2016 with a shower or two than 4-5 days of 30+ heat. 

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

11years ago for me ... and even then I laughed at the fact they had cassettes for sale still :) 

Must admit I found some of the town's on the south island a bit spaghetti western. One straight road, a general store, a saloon and pick up trucks instead of equines. 

My apologies to New Zealanders. Your country was beautiful ,  the vast majority of people I met were equally beautiful.  Bit like England. ?but warmer. 

Just now, mashedonmud said:

Must admit I found some of the town's on the south island a bit spaghetti western. One straight road, a general store, a saloon and pick up trucks instead of equines. 

My apologies to New Zealanders. Your country was beautiful ,  the vast majority of people I met were equally beautiful.  Bit like England. ?but warmer. 

stunning place ... just slightly behind ... (and thats no bad thing )... such variation in landscape over small distances too ... amazing :) 

I’d take rain and mud anyday over extreme heat. Once your pissed you don’t really notice the rain or mud, but with the heat, u can’t  even get in your tent or sleep, I’m already warm from alcohol fever, but it if you had to swim from out of your tent that would be a different story

New Zealander here! In the 90s we were definitely behind when it came to music and movies. Number 1 songs took about six months to make their way to the bottom of the globe.

With the internet we've caught up a lot. Still have no idea who Foals are though....

This was my view on Monday eating lunch. One of the few countries in the world where you can just picnic on Parliament grounds (and also drink). We just built a park in front of the Beehive too!

Edit: to stay on topic, sun > mud any day.

78339444_809259529513173_6878239594530209792_n.jpg

Edited by Bryanrebe
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

new Zealander here! In the 90s we were definitely behind when it came to music and movies. Number 1 songs took about six months to make their way to the bottom of the globe.

With the internet we've caught up a lot. Still have no idea who Foals are though....

This was my view on Monday eating lunch. One of the few countries in the world where you can just picnic on Parliament grounds (and also drink). We just built a park in front of the Beehive too!

as you are posting beautiful NZ photos ... im going deliberately off track here ... but here is my fav from abel tasman 

CIMG0615.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

new Zealander here! In the 90s we were definitely behind when it came to music and movies. Number 1 songs took about six months to make their way to the bottom of the globe.

Please look deep into your soul and find forgiveness,  I've been to a birthday and may of got slightly mashed slightly early. I should maybe move to the drunkard section. Or go to bed. ?