Extreme Mud or Extreme Heat. Which is worst?

Starscreenbass

The heat can indeed be a real problem. I changed my plans this year on the Saturday due to the heat, ended up having a great afternoon in the left field. Still I would prefer the dry ground anytime over the mud which makes it such a pain to get around. With the heat, a hat, some water, sunscreen and the odd sit down will see me through it.

43 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The weather at Boomtown this year was so bad they stopped the music one night, but I preferred it to Glastonbury 19 weather.

(Full disclosure, it was mainly wind that caused that stoppage)

It was bad enough to blow my tent away so I definitely vote for extreme wind being the worst ?

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Humidity is worse than just heat from the sun and it's pretty rare for it to be an issue at the G. This year was pretty mild compared to the Sunday in 2011 and was in fact weather that we strongly loved to see.

That rare sight of girls in bikinis and wellies you only seem to get at Glasto. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

So even in a dry year you dont take a pew now and again to rest the old hamstrings?

Yeah, but maybe in the green fields, up at the sign / stone circle or somewhere on a seat. It would be very rare for me to do so at a stage.  Its my back rather than legs that give me jip by day 5. 

The heat impacts me a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Badlands said:

It was a struggle for lot of my team this year - plenty had to take refuge and miss some decent acts. I missed plenty acts though in 16 through exhaustion, and I'm a fairly fit bloke.

Not expecting a third year of such weather mind, just doesn't happen.

Its ok Michael has booked the best year yet :) 

I get sunstroke and still loved this year. Was my favourite Glastonbury so far. Knew it was going to be hot so prepared. Bought a UV umbrella. Made sure to keep sunscream on and didn't drink alcohol early and made sure we had water on us all the time. 

It was fucking glorious and amazing to just park your ass wherever and mosy at a leisurely pace without getting stuck in glud. 

The homemade lemonade in Williams green was also a lifesaver. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s never going to get hotter than 32 degrees for a long period of time. Yes it’s warmer than we’re used to in this country but it’s not going to kill you. Heat is always better than rain.

What is actually a bigger health problem from hot festivals is all the dust being kicked up after weeks of no rain meaning the ground is more like a desert than anything else. That stuff gets in your throat nose and lungs, I’ve still been coughing up black phlegm weeks after getting home from some European festivals. 

Don’t moan about the Glasto weather. You don’t know how good we’ve got it. 

You are deluded if you think 32*c can’t kill you. 

15 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can you sit down?

This is exactly it. 2016 was exhausting, not necessarily cause of the slog, but because you couldn't sit down for ten minutes to recharge your batteries. Obviously the ground itself was a no go but all of the seats (ie the benches at WH) were rammed too. I managed to get a seat there for half an hour before CHVRCHES and it probably saved my Saturday. Mud can fuck right off.