Extreme Mud or Extreme Heat. Which is worst?

Starscreenbass

I’m by no means a Glastonbury veteran (this will be my 5th time) but I think I’ve now experienced both ends of the weather spectrum.

In my head a wet Glastonbury would be loads worse but after last years extreme heat where I just didn’t wanna move incase I caught fire or melted I think hot is worst!

is it just me that hates the heat?

Edited by Starscreenbass

Not just you. I probably saw less acts this year than ever before. Fri and Sat afternoons were spent in and around the Woods sheltering from the big glowing orb in the sky. However, I reckon more people's festivals are likely to be totally ruined by the m*d, so when push comes to shove the heat is probably the better option.

Heat is worse. I've never moaned at the Mud. 

Thought I might die this year on the Saturday.

The weather at Boomtown this year was so bad they stopped the music one night, but I preferred it to Glastonbury 19 weather.

(Full disclosure, it was mainly wind that caused that stoppage)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

It’s never going to get hotter than 32 degrees for a long period of time. Yes it’s warmer than we’re used to in this country but it’s not going to kill you. Heat is always better than rain.

What is actually a bigger health problem from hot festivals is all the dust being kicked up after weeks of no rain meaning the ground is more like a desert than anything else. That stuff gets in your throat nose and lungs, I’ve still been coughing up black phlegm weeks after getting home from some European festivals. 

Don’t moan about the Glasto weather. You don’t know how good we’ve got it. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

up until this year i would have said mud is worse, without question.

but man, seriously, the unrelenting heat this year was just fucking crazy.

i think if i was given the choice on the gate - what do you want mud or heat - i'd choose heat, but i'd need to be way better prepared than i was this year.

that was brutal.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

poll time ? :) 

Yep - we need a poll!

Anyone voting rain only has themselves to blame next June though.

(3 years of nice weather on G week pretty much means a wet one is nailed on anyway!)

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Humidity is worse than just heat from the sun and it's pretty rare for it to be an issue at the G. This year was pretty mild compared to the Sunday in 2011 and was in fact weather that we strongly loved to see.

Only saw the Kaiser Chiefs & QOTSA that day cos of the heat. That day was pretty horrific weather wise, but not as bad as the Kaiser Chiefs.

I can honestly say the rain & mud has never at any point annoyed me.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1