Wide Awake Festival

Gilgamesh69

Who are your must sees for this?  Trying to make sure i haven’t missed any gems!

For me: BCNR, Black MIDI, Crack Cloud and Squid. 

Also hoping to see clashes permitting: Kikagaku Moyo, KOKOROKO, Lazarus Kane, Los Bitchos, PVA, Scalping, Murder Capital, Mauskovic Dance Band.

Anyone know if Tropical Fuck Storm are playing? They’re on the website but not on the poster. 

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Who are your must sees for this?  Trying to make sure i haven’t missed any gems!

Also hoping to see clashes permitting: Kikagaku Moyo, KOKOROKO, Lazarus Kane, Los Bitchos, PVA, Scalping, Murder Capital, Mauskovic Dance Band.

Anyone know if Tropical Fuck Storm are playing? They’re on the website but not on the poster. 

Pretty sure Tropical Fuck Storm dropped out. 

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Dream wife. 

11 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Main stage announced - Idles (afternoon set), Shame (headliners?), Black Midi, BCNR, Goat Girl, PVA, Squid, Tina.

Will not be going far from there all day...although will probably give Goat Girl and BCNR a miss depending on who else is playing at those times.

That’s really great news that BM, BCNR, and Squid don’t clash.  Will also see PVA I think and then hopefully Crack Cloud and The Murder Capital clash with the others. 

18 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Does it show the stage splits anywhere?

Also - who would you recommend if someone were to like Idles / Goat Girl / Porridge Radio / Self Esteem / Black Midi?

Not yet I don’t think. 

I’ve not seen either of them before but I’m reliably informed that Crack Cloud and the Murder Capital are some of the best live bands around at the moment so I’d definitely recommend those two.  

Do you like Squid and BCNR - as I’m sure they’ll be two of the most popular bands to see on the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Not yet I don’t think. 

I’ve not seen either of them before but I’m reliably informed that Crack Cloud and the Murder Capital are some of the best live bands around at the moment so I’d definitely recommend those two.  

Do you like Squid and BCNR - as I’m sure they’ll be two of the most popular bands to see on the day. 

Can vouch for this. Friend of mine insisted i bought a ticket to see them in this dingy basement in Leeds with him, and it was easily one of the best gigs ive been too. Venue probably played a part, but i cant imagine it making too much of a difference.