Gilgamesh69

Wide Awake Festival

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On the plus side for some of us, there's a decent chance it won't clash with Primavera Sound next year. 

What makes you think it won't clash again?

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What makes you think it won't clash again?

Only a hunch. Primavera was scheduled a week later than it is every year. I assume Primavera will resort back to its normal weekend and Wide Awake will keep the same slot.

Damn! Gutted by this one. Will be holding onto my ticket and trust they'll come back strong in 2021.

Will prob get my cash back tbh. Not sure you will see it again certainly not at the same location. Apparently huge amount of NIMBYs round there which probably explains cancellation rather than postponement 

5 hours ago, John L said:

Will prob get my cash back tbh. Not sure you will see it again certainly not at the same location. Apparently huge amount of NIMBYs round there which probably explains cancellation rather than postponement 

I think they do the Mighty Hoopla and there's that other festival, Cross The Tracks (I think?), which run on concurrent days with the same production. I imagine it was trying to move lineups for 3 days for 3 different festivals that caused most the issues.

I got cheap tickets, so I'll keep mine for now.

Just had email through similar to cross the tracks offering a refund or minor perks for keeping hold of the ticket for next year. Sadly I just can't see there being a festival season 2021 so went for the refund. 

Yeah a free beer and some competition entries. You lose your booking fee as well if you go for a refund. 

Possible clash with APE sways me towards the refund though. June 2021 is a very long way away. Need to decide by the end of May.

Hmm, nothing here as yet but as ticketweb this morning said the "event is not altered from it's original date yet " I am not surprised! :D

Primavera is expected to be same weekend of 4 June. So All Points East week before I'd have thought.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:18 PM, John L said:

So do I, but I also wish I’d received the refund I requested over a month ago...

Same. I was told to hold tight, it's coming. Assume some insurance money has to come in at some point. Sounds painfully slow to me...

Received an email from PayPal saying refund being processed. Just the ticket face value.

It’s still something I’d be interested in next year but would rather see what the lie of the land is first.