Wide Awake Festival

Gilgamesh69

10 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Instrumental perhaps?  Or just no singing from Geordie? One of the other band members sings sometimes I think

For me, oddly that wouldn't be that bad. Might mean some of their less vocal orientated songs get played (which I do tend to prefer) 

Slowly going off Squid live. Saw them w*nk off for an hour on the Fieldwork tour which was fair enough since it was for unreleased stuff but they spent the middle 20 mins of their set playing unreleased basically instrumental today. How hard is it to play the 'hits' at a festival ala Houseplants and Paddling 

22 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Slowly going off Squid live. Saw them w*nk off for an hour on the Fieldwork tour which was fair enough since it was for unreleased stuff but they spent the middle 20 mins of their set playing unreleased basically instrumental today. How hard is it to play the 'hits' at a festival ala Houseplants and Paddling 

I mean if they didn’t play Houseplants, that’s criminal. But Idles didn’t play Danny Nedelko either, so feels like one of those days.

Sound bleed between Bad Vibrations and Moth Club was horrific. Porridge Radio basically unlistenable.

In spite of the whinging, actually quite a good vibe so far.

38 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I mean if they didn’t play Houseplants, that’s criminal. But Idles didn’t play Danny Nedelko either, so feels like one of those days.

Sound bleed between Bad Vibrations and Moth Club was horrific. Porridge Radio basically unlistenable.

In spite of the whinging, actually quite a good vibe so far.

Idles have a lot more hits to choose from tbf. We tried to watch Porridge Radio too but gave up and headed to the bar instead. We were pretty close and still couldn't hear them. 

Those two complaints aside, I agree the vibe is good. So much better food and bar queues and choice than Leeds last weekend. They have more bars here than at Leeds, with probably half the people I guess

I must be getting old - the constant talking, and throwing of cans/drink/shoes/bags (even on to the stage while bands are playing) etc really ruins the day for me. 

Started off well but by the time early evening rolls round and 95% of people are drunk it quickly goes downhill. 

I'm sorry to say, as someone who is 500 days sober, I used to enjoy these festivals more when I would get pissed like everyone else. 

Loved this!

Organisation was flawless. The curry I had was the best I've had at a festival outside of Glastonbury. Bands were all excellent, highlight was Black Country, New Road. There was lots and lots of talking, but the sound was excellent so didn't bother me too much.

Safe to say it's likely The Murder Capital won't be here again. Full on stage meltdown when they were cut short - singer had a scrap with the techs and had it on with the security all the way into backstage. Never seen anything like it!

• Like 1