Wide Awake Festival

Gilgamesh69

7 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Has there been anything to confirm Dry Cleaning are playing the 2nd stage, or are we just assuming as such because them and Snapped Ankles were announced as replacements at the same time? They probably are a bit small to replace BM I guess

Both Dry Cleaning and Snapped Ankles were announced as replacements for Scalping and Dream Wife, so that was the implication.  However, the organisers could of course move acts around so we don’t know for sure. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

Just now, lessthanwill1 said:

Both Dry Cleaning and Snapped Ankles were announced as replacements for Scalping and Dream Wife, so that was the implication.  However, the organisers could of course move acts around so we don’t know for sure.  Doesn’t look like either of them would directly replace Black Midi. 

That's what I was thinking with Dry Cleaning. As much as I love them a) they're nowhere near the size of Black Midi and b) BC, NR are surely the better known name of the two? 

I sent off an application for 'my' band to play the festival back in April. We just received a reply saying that they're maybe opportunities to play, with only two days to go until the festival...

Doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

I really feel for festival organisers. Limited funds. Staff dropping out due to Covid. Hard getting staff anyway. Bands pulling out. Bombarded with questions and certain entitled punters throughout whilst trying to keep It together. I’ll be there on Friday and I hope it’s a great success. It’s nice they’ve replaced bands. Loads of festivals don’t even bother so late in the day. Just wish I wasn’t bothering to see Dry Cleaning in Kingston tomorrow night now. 

11 hours ago, OCarter said:

This DJ seems to think that Dry Cleaning are first, then Snapped Ankles??

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 18.29.06.png

Which social media site is this from? Would be nice to see the other tents DJ lineups.

Personally very pleased with those replacements; but would be gutted if BM cant play. Maybe they could do an instrumental set instead 😉

1 hour ago, axel75 said:

Which social media site is this from? Would be nice to see the other tents DJ lineups.

Personally very pleased with those replacements; but would be gutted if BM cant play. Maybe they could do an instrumental set instead 😉

Instagram, checked through the photos that Wide Awake were tagged in and found this and not much else.

Maybe BM could get Les Claypool from Primus to sing... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

How much of Brockwell Park will be cordoned off for the festival? With the forecast looking half decent i'm hoping to have a few beers on some grass before i go in.

Someone posted the map superimposed on the google maps image of the park a few pages back.  Will be a fair amount of space in the park still. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

I really can't predict how busy it will be tomorrow...for me it's a dream lineup, but I'm aware that the majority of these bands (headliners included) are actually not that big in the grand scheme of things. 

Personally I'm hoping it's a bit more relaxed after attending an incredibly busy APE on Monday. 

Yeah, I don't think it'll be absolutely heaving, even the IDLES announcement didn't sell it out. I think it'll be a decent crowd, but the fact most of the bands have been doing the rounds all summer already/a few bands have dropped out/it's a Friday afternoon probably has put a lot of people off.

Edited by jannybruck

5 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, I don't think it'll be absolutely heaving, even the IDLES announcement didn't sell it out. I think it'll be a decent crowd, but the fact most of the bands have been doing the rounds all summer already/a few bands have dropped out/it's a Friday afternoon probably has put a lot of people off.

Judging by the sheer amount of tickets being put up for sale I don't think it's going to be mad busy