Wide Awake Festival

Gilgamesh69

4 minutes ago, Lunabella said:

Wouldn't they be filling SCALPING and Dream Wife's slots though? Black Midi aren't officially out yet.

You're probably right but I just see Dry Cleaning as too big for third place on the second stage.

If Black Midi-boy has a throat infection like the statement suggested I highly doubt they'll be playing.

Wonder if Fontaines fancy doing a Special Guest slot on the sub?

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I was kind of thinking the same.  However, i get the impression that they’re a fairly small operation who I’m sure are doing their absolute best to organise a festival in very challenging and fast-moving circumstances.  

I’ll wait until after the event to pass judgment. I’m sure it’ll be fantastic but I’m assuming there will be some “teething” issues given its their first year even before considering the Covid complications. 

Can guarentee there will be a post on Saturday about a lack of toilets - there has been one in every thread so far this year 😄

6 minutes ago, Lunabella said:

Porridge Radio are also in a much lower slot that they should have. Maybe they could be moved up, or is there a reason they are playing that early?

They've been listed as 'Special Guests' for some reason so I'm wondering if the logic is similar to Idles and they're just trying to drive early footfall. 

I do reckon they'd be pretty suitable to go up to sub and then someone smaller slot in their place though 

3 hours ago, SalviaPlath said:

Such a great lineup but getting very bad vibes from this to be honest. Organisers are failing to respond to numerous disabled ticket holders with accessibility requests who are having to take to social media to shame them into doing so, bands dropping out not being confirmed by the organisers, just disappearing from the poster and lack of proper set times. 

I finally got it sorted but it was not easy. Literally been trying to contact them for the past 5 minutes, shamed them on facebook and even contacted another festival going on that weekend (which actually seemed to be the thing that gave them a kick up the ass). 

I've only recently gotten all my disability evidence which means I'm quite new to the world of companion tickets etc and Wide Awake were by far the worst people I've had to deal with.

7 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

So my BCNR/Dream Wife clash has been replaced by an even more excruciating one. Still probably the bands I want to see most on the lineup. Gah.

Same here, absolute nightmare but I think for me BC,NR are the one's I'd like to see more (just about). I'm dreading if Black Midi pull out and instead someone like Sleaford Mods or Fontaines takes their spot. Maybe they could move BCNR up and then fill the slot they were gonna play with Working Mans Club instead.

• Upvote 1

One of the Clashfinders has put Snapped Ankles as the 5pm slot (as they stated) and then Dry Cleaning in Dream Wife's.

The promoters better have a Ronaldo-level subs bench just in-case Geordie (BM) doesn't get better.

4 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Same here, absolute nightmare but I think for me BC,NR are the one's I'd like to see more (just about). I'm dreading if Black Midi pull out and instead someone like Sleaford Mods or Fontaines takes their spot. Maybe they could move BCNR up and then fill the slot they were gonna play with Working Mans Club instead.

WMC In Bristol from 18:30 - 19:30, pretty much rules them out of any other the slots.

Just now, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Depending on the distance between the 2 stages I may try and fudge it and  see two thirds of both.

Was selfishly hoping they’d just promote everyone one slot to solve my clashes, but I guess that’s not doable- maybe an EOTR issue?