Wide Awake Festival

Gilgamesh69

Such a great lineup but getting very bad vibes from this to be honest. Organisers are failing to respond to numerous disabled ticket holders with accessibility requests who are having to take to social media to shame them into doing so, bands dropping out not being confirmed by the organisers, just disappearing from the poster and lack of proper set times. 

22 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

Such a great lineup but getting very bad vibes from this to be honest. Organisers are failing to respond to numerous disabled ticket holders with accessibility requests who are having to take to social media to shame them into doing so, bands dropping out not being confirmed by the organisers, just disappearing from the poster and lack of proper set times. 

I was kind of thinking the same.  However, i get the impression that they’re a fairly small operation who I’m sure are doing their absolute best to organise a festival in very challenging and fast-moving circumstances.  

I’ll wait until after the event to pass judgment. I’m sure it’ll be fantastic but I’m assuming there will be some “teething” issues given its their first year even before considering the Covid complications. 

I paid £32 for this festival so even if half the acts don't turn up it'll still be the steal of the year.

During normal times i'd probably be a little concerned about the drop outs / lack of comms but considering we were only allowed to sit 7 people at a table from a few months ago i can cut them a bit of slack. 

(Will probably come back to moan if Crack Cloud drop out mind you) 

1 hour ago, Lunabella said:

Are Working Mens Club likely for the backup list?

Playing in Bristol at 18:30 - 19:30. I'd say unlikely to take Black Midi's or Scalping's slot.

Back-ups for both must include; Dry Cleaning, Wet Leg, Warmduscher, Girl Band, Sorry, Goa Express?