Wide Awake Festival

New festival in Brockwell Park, on Friday 5th June. "Wide Awake, is a festival for music fans looking for something different. Expect leftfield Indie, Post Punk, Electronica, Techno, Jazz and more from an array of artists you won’t find anywhere else at a festival in London."

unnamed.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Field Day? Who is Field Day? My name is Wide Awake Festival”

All the gang: Shame, Goat Girl, Snapped Ankles, BCNR, Squid, Warmduscher, Working Men’s Club, Porridge Radio, Lazarus Kane, Katy J Pearson, Yard Act, Egyptian Blue, Caroline, Deathcrash, Famous,

I think 18 or so acts being announced. 

Posted Images

looks RIGHT up my alley! SO.....do i/we get tickets now or wait for the (possibly) inevitable freebies that will be knocking around nearer the time....

To be honest, in normal times, at only £27.50 a pop, for that quality a line up, its a no brainer. However....daughters need xmas pressies.....

Yeah, definitely interested in this. Looks very interesting, and a decent price too.

What have events at Brockwell Park been like before? Is it OK for transport links? I'll be coming up from Kent, so probably change at Bromley South and head to Herne Hill.

19 minutes ago, retromoz said:

looks RIGHT up my alley! SO.....do i/we get tickets now or wait for the (possibly) inevitable freebies that will be knocking around nearer the time....

To be honest, in normal times, at only £27.50 a pop, for that quality a line up, its a no brainer. However....daughters need xmas pressies.....

I'd say go for it. £27.50 is cheap enough, and it's supporting smaller acts, rather than a bunch of millionaires

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, shoebox said:

What have events at Brockwell Park been like before?

Only big one AFAIK was Field Day last year, and that didn't go down with the locals so they moved for this year: http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2018/10/field-day-festival-pulls-out-of-brockwell-park-for-2019-with-organisers-not-applying-to-lambeth-council-for-a-licence/

It'll be interesting to see what they've done to get the locals on board this time. Probably a smaller event, less space and less people.

12 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It'll be interesting to see what they've done to get the locals on board this time. Probably a smaller event, less space and less people.

They mentioned that they'll be sharing it with Cross the Tracks and Mighty Hoopla

I've got a feeling that King Gizzard might headline ngl

Just booked for this. Looks like a very solid first announcement!

I read that the organisers are some of the people originally involved in Field Day (before they got booted out of VP by APE). Does anyone have any more info on that?

• 1 month later...

So I've been listening to more of Girl Band today beyond last year's excellent album and I came across their cover of Blawan's "Why They Hide Their Bodies Under My Garage" on the Early Years EP.

Jaw-dropping stuff! And after looking at some of their recent setlists, it looks like they play it live as well! See you down at the front!

• Upvote 2
  • 5 weeks later...