Super Bock Super Rock 2020

young_contra

1 hour ago, GreenIsTheColour said:

I bet Vampire Weekend, would be big enough, they headlined NOS Alive this year

They already played another show this week here in Portugal so I don’t believe that they will comeback to Portugal that soon. 
I think that Foals are defo co headliners, they are not that big in Portugal to headline a festival, Tame Impala may be the headliners on that day. 

25 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

They already played another show this week here in Portugal so I don’t believe that they will comeback to Portugal that soon. 
I think that Foals are defo co headliners, they are not that big in Portugal to headline a festival, Tame Impala may be the headliners on that day. 

Well true but they are doing the same with Spain, since they're going to Benecassim.

Tame would be great, I think they might be going to NOS on the third day

16 minutes ago, GreenIsTheColour said:

Well true but they are doing the same with Spain, since they're going to Benecassim.

Tame would be great, I think they might be going to NOS on the third day

In Portugal promoters usually don´t book one band to play more than 1 show per year because Portugal is a very small country and there are only few promoters here so I really doubt that Vampire Weekend will be playing 3 shows in 12 months period. 

About Tame Impala, I´m sure that they will end up playing some portuguese music festival, it could be Nos Primavera Sound, or Nos Alive or Super Bock but I think that the best place for them is alongside Foals.

Edited by festivalguy97
  • Upvote 1

On 11/29/2019 at 2:15 PM, festivalguy97 said:

They will most probably be co-headlining with a DJ act kinda thing, like Justice after The XX in 2018 and Disclosure after Migos last year

15 hours ago, Maartiinn said:

Turns out Foals are not headliners.... Interesting, points to one thing: The Strokes!!!!

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 11.00.11.png

What a nightmare. Why is it called super rock??? Because it rhymes with super bock? 

7 hours ago, pete76 said:

What a nightmare. Why is it called super rock??? Because it rhymes with super bock? 

This festival gets that complaint on a yearly basis and it's pretty annoying by now. Personally, I don't see the problem. No one channels a festival's whole identity through its name. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

This festival gets that complaint on a yearly basis and it's pretty annoying by now. Personally, I don't see the problem. No one channels a festival's whole identity through its name. 

What’s in a name? He’s even called ‘rocky’. They couldn’t have found a better fitting act. 

Super Bocky Super Rocky! 

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Rock In Rio suffers a lot for having "Rock" in its name and they are predominantly a pop festival now so it´s useless to criticize or make fun of a festival on the basis of its name. 

And of course those festivals won´t change their namescause they don´t want to lose their brand.

typical social media banter. complainers will complain 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maartiinn said:

According to backstage Portugal, The Neighbourhood has been confirmed for the 18th of July in Palco EDP... Not officially announced by SBSR but usually a good source

Actually, they were "officially" announced but the post appears as a hidden post. 

https://m.facebook.com/sbsr/photos/p.3299111370159418/3299111370159418/?type=3&theater