What are everyone’s accommodation choices this year?

sedra

What’s your accommodation choice?   

251 members have voted

1. 1. Camping or glamping?

• Own tent on site
    • Campervan/caravan
    • Worthy view or Sticklinch
    • Offsite glamping or hotel
    • Other

The last year I went was 2016, the year of colossal mud. After getting up at 6am I spent 7 hours in traffic, followed by 2 ish hours of dragging my damn trolley  through clay style mud. Starting my festival sweating, aching and tired and in a spot that my tent barely fit in.

Next year is my return and I am staying in WV and it sounds like a dream come true to have a parking spot sorted, a much shorter walk and a tent waiting for me. Even if the good weather of the last few years doesn't come back I'll be happy. 

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

The last year I went was 2016, the year of colossal mud. After getting up at 6am I spent 7 hours in traffic, followed by 2 ish hours of dragging my damn trolley  through clay style mud. Starting my festival sweating, aching and tired and in a spot that my tent barely fit in.

Next year is my return and I am staying in WV and it sounds like a dream come true to have a parking spot sorted, a much shorter walk and a tent waiting for me. Even if the good weather of the last few years doesn't come back I'll be happy. 

2016 was our first WV experience and we were glad to have avoided the queues and trudge across the site to a pitch. A short walk from the car and into a dry tent was a great start to the festival. Having said that we returned to the main site the following year!  Doing WV this year, will arrive before it opens on Wednesday and should be in the tent and ready to head into the site by nine in the morning for the traditional walk round the festival.  Having the car park close by means it’s easy to replenish stocks!  But as I often say, I still miss the vibe of staying on site! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

2016 was our first WV experience and we were glad to have avoided the queues and trudge across the site to a pitch. A short walk from the car and into a dry tent was a great start to the festival. Having said that we returned to the main site the following year!  Doing WV this year, will arrive before it opens on Wednesday and should be in the tent and ready to head into the site by nine in the morning for the traditional walk round the festival.  Having the car park close by means it’s easy to replenish stocks!  But as I often say, I still miss the vibe of staying on site! 

Sounds like I've made the right choice.

I'm also looking forward to the slight lie in I can have on the Wednesday not having to worry about beating people to a spot. 

Hi,

Looking for a little help with a bit of a crappy situation! We were lucky enough to secure tickets for Glastonbury, and to secure 2 x pre-erected campervans. However, we were only able to get 1 x campervan parking pass in the sale last Thursday. So now we are stuck with an extra campervan, and nowhere to park it, and a huge fee for cancellation. I was told that we could alternatively have the caravan parked at another campsite outside the festival (e.g. Love Fields, etc.), but these are quite expensive. Anyone have any clever suggestions, or perhaps have a campervan parking pass who is still looking for a campervan?

Thanks! Kat

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Not sure what you mean by pre-erected campervans, but I think more campervan parking passes will be included in the resales.

You are allowed to get camper van/ caravans delivered to the site (not bath & western) then picked up afterwards.

you will need to go in the resale and hope you get one, but they do pop up after then in dribs and drabs. 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:35 PM, KatrinaP said:

Hi,

Looking for a little help with a bit of a crappy situation! We were lucky enough to secure tickets for Glastonbury, and to secure 2 x pre-erected campervans. However, we were only able to get 1 x campervan parking pass in the sale last Thursday. So now we are stuck with an extra campervan, and nowhere to park it, and a huge fee for cancellation. I was told that we could alternatively have the caravan parked at another campsite outside the festival (e.g. Love Fields, etc.), but these are quite expensive. Anyone have any clever suggestions, or perhaps have a campervan parking pass who is still looking for a campervan?

Thanks! Kat

If you haven’t already I would put this in a separate post in questions? There will be those who are looking for a campervan hire who might have a CV ticket. Or else wait for resales / it was easy to get one then I think. 

• 1 month later...

We were going through some plans last night and found out our camper van company has gone into administration. No email to tell us so good job we checked.  We’ve managed to book another one slightly more expensive but at least we have one. Would be worth double checking your bookings just in case. This is the second company we know to have disappeared within a year. 

Going to have to start thinking about this soon. The four festivals I’ve done so far have all been in Pennards with largely positive results. This time, the better half is coming with me and she wants to be close to Green Futures, Healing Fields, etc. so theoretically, Pennards is perfect for her. But I worry about noise. I haven’t personally found it to be the noisy hub it has the reputation for being, but it’s definitely noisier than the outer fields. She’s put herself entirely on my hands. Eek. 

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Going to have to start thinking about this soon. The four festivals I’ve done so far have all been in Pennards with largely positive results. This time, the better half is coming with me and she wants to be close to Green Futures, Healing Fields, etc. so theoretically, Pennards is perfect for her. But I worry about noise. I haven’t personally found it to be the noisy hub it has the reputation for being, but it’s definitely noisier than the outer fields. She’s put herself entirely on my hands. Eek. 

id say go with what you do normally ... dont make a thing of Pennards being party central ... unless you have told her, she possibly won't know otherwise ... It will make you feel happier ... and if it doesnt visit the healing fields with her :) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Padgey said:

My tent at the top of Michaels Mead.  Camp in pretty much the same spot every year but never see the same faces.

I dont either ... but they seem to find me strangely enough :) ..... not by my camping spot but by the other stage last year I was called over by someone who had a photo of me in 3 years of festivals running ... and at that point number 4 ...I still probably won't have a clue who they are even if I get called over again .... I blame the thatchers 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont either ... but they seem to find me strangely enough :) ..... not by my camping spot but by the other stage last year I was called over by someone who had a photo of me in 3 years of festivals running ... and at that point number 4 ...I still probably won't have a clue who they are even if I get called over again .... I blame the thatchers 

I'm sure the hat helps for people to remember you.  I'll have to have a look out for it this year.

I find that I keep seeing the same random people around the festival, especially people who I've seen at the E-Fest meet.

That damn Thatchers gets the blame for a lot of things, but the Brothers seems to wipe my memory!

Finally got my group inside the fence after they had spent three years in WV. Whilst I like WV I am looking forward to being back onsite this year. We are staying in Croscombe on the Tuesday so have yet to decide which car parks we should be aiming for in the morning. Need to have a discussion with everyone before deciding which area to aim for. I'd like to try Big Ground or revisit Hawkswell/Micheals Mead. That said we may just arrive early afternoon and aim for the western grounds which should still have plenty of room.

14 hours ago, kalifire said:

But I worry about noise. I haven’t personally found it to be the noisy hub it has the reputation for being, but it’s definitely noisier than the outer fields.

Unless she's a very light sleeper and/or wants to be asleep before 3am every night I wouldn't worry.  The extra noise makes up for being so close to everything.

And you know, you could always say that all of the camps are as noisy as Pennards

Camping on site in Oxlyers again. I’ve camped there every year since I started going and don’t think I’m likely to change. Perfect for Other and fairly close to the Pyramid and Pangea. Only real negative is it’s a bit of a walk to the SE Corner but I’m usually drunk when heading to/from there anyway so don’t really notice it.