What are everyone’s accommodation choices this year?

sedra

What’s your accommodation choice?   

251 members have voted

1. 1. Camping or glamping?

• Own tent on site
    • Campervan/caravan
    • Worthy view or Sticklinch
    • Offsite glamping or hotel
    • Other

Worthy View Two Person Scout Tent for us. We are lugging our toddler and parents to look after her while we are at the festival over from NZ so wanted to do something to make things a bit easier for us once we get there.

The past five times we have been we always camped on Hitchen Hill and feel a strong connection with it, so it’s going to feel strange to camp on the other side of the valley but also nice to change things up and have a new experience. We will probably take advantage of more morning activities like yoga in the green fields being in that side of the site and will still walk over to Hitchen Hill and crack a beer for old times sake.

Camping on site with my gang. I'd like for it to be around Hitchin Hill/Michael's Mead way again as really enjoyed it there last time  having been in South Park and around Paines Ground previously.

I'm not one for the really mad late nights so it's good to be a bit on the quieter side, then I sleep well enough to be up early and exploring the healing fields again in the morning.

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

Seems daft not to stay in a motorhome when you have one. 

I doubt We would hire one if we didn’t have our own, we would stay on site like we did at our first Glastonbury in ‘07. I’m far too tight to pay what the hire companies want.

not too tight to buy a camper van though :) 

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s not actually a very steep hill, a few drama queens tend to make out it’s the north face of the Eiger.  It’s got steps, a bannister and a pub at the top of it.  Also it can get nice and windy at the top, ideal for someone from Wellington! 

Hills, wind, and maybe Crowded House. I'll feel right at home!

Once you've acquired your own caravan you become hooked.  I'm now on my third caravan, having gone through the tent > big tent > trailer tent to caravan.  Had I failed to get a CV ticket I would probably have cashed in my main festival ticket.  Festivals have almost become caravanning with a bit of music attached.  By that I don't mean that I don't enjoy the music and all the other bits that make up the Glasto magic, but the social side of putting the world to rights late at night under the awning knowing you've got a flush toilet, hot water and a warm, comfortable double bed to crash in takes some beating.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Interesting stats so far: dare I conclude the typical efestivals type is more likely to be glamping, or cv fields, than the norm, they both seem high percentages to me

Maybe we are. Although maybe a thread with ‘accommodation’ in the title doesn’t attract so much interest from your normal tent camper.

35 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Bit judgemental don't you think? Why would you have a camper and not use it? 

Absolutely... it was said in jest :) I’m tight with some things but not others ... so indeed use away :) apologies if it came over any other way .... 

Edited by crazyfool1

First time at WV this year. My wife's coming and she fancied something slightly more comfortable than camping round our friends' CV. I've camped up there from 2010 onwards, my wife has been 3 times during those years. I'm mostly looking forward to a change, accessing from a different side may seem like a small difference on paper but I think it'll mean seeing more stuff over that side. For example I haven't seen much in The Park for a good few years, i'll be much closer this year. My wife loves all the crafts in the Green Fields so it'll work out well for her. Not bothered about the hill, I do alot of cycling and my wife's a very keen runner so I don't think it'll be a problem.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

First time at WV this year. My wife's coming and she fancied something slightly more comfortable than camping round our friends' CV. I've camped up there from 2010 onwards, my wife has been 3 times during those years. I'm mostly looking forward to a change, accessing from a different side may seem like a small difference on paper but I think it'll mean seeing more stuff over that side. For example I haven't seen much in The Park for a good few years, i'll be much closer this year. My wife loves all the crafts in the Green Fields so it'll work out well for her. Not bothered about the hill, I do alot of cycling and my wife's a very keen runner so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Must admit it’s great walking down the hill, the steepness of which is much exaggerated on here, through the sacred space and into the crafts and green peace areas.  We did that every morning before heading to the Avalon close by for breakfast in the cafe. Nice laid back way to start the day and returning late at night a wee stroll into strummerville.  I do hanker for our fav camp spot over in lime kiln but the ease of parking and no queues to get in are attractive to us veteran glasto goers! 

We were going to go for a Tipi, but bailed after sobering up and considering the cost. It’s the sig other’s first Glastonbury, her 40th birthday present from me, and we’re coming over from Melbourne so I wanted it to be special. But I don’t love her enough to buy a Tipi* so we’re camping it in a Quechua Fresh & Black three man.  

I’m not sure how she’ll cope with camping to be honest, and she wants to set up base in Pennards so it could go either way. She wants a couple of showers while she’s there. 

Fingers crossed, eh? 

*I jest, of course. I love her up to but no more than Camp Kerala. 

Edited by kalifire

Camping in the main site again this year.  We considered going for a Tipi and sharing with our crew until we realised that Eric snores like an actual demon.  He sounds like a clapped out transit going up a gravel drive followed by a jet engine.  

A unique sound, certainly, but not one you want to be near.

Either way, we couldn't justify the price for essentially not having to carry a tent (we're going by coach this year) and access to showers. 

I'd love to get a camper van/caravan one year, though I think once I do that, there will be no turning back!