What are everyone’s accommodation choices this year?

sedra

What’s your accommodation choice?   

251 members have voted

1. 1. Camping or glamping?

• Own tent on site
    • Campervan/caravan
    • Worthy view or Sticklinch
    • Offsite glamping or hotel
    • Other

WV purely as we are travelling from overseas and heading back to NZ the next day so won't have time to donate a tent we buy.

We have a decent tent here so don't want to bring one back (plus would rather use the weight for other things).

Went with WV as we don't mind a hill and would prefer to be nearer the south east end's nighttime entertainment.

2 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

WV purely as we are travelling from overseas and heading back to NZ the next day so won't have time to donate a tent we buy.

We have a decent tent here so don't want to bring one back (plus would rather use the weight for other things).

Went with WV as we don't mind a hill and would prefer to be nearer the south east end's nighttime entertainment.

don't want to hijack the thread but i'm interested in knowing about where to donate the tents. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Pretty sure that’s not where you’ll be! 

Keep the faith, matey

I am cheers ..... its difficult to post with an assumption though ... I know the randomness of the ticket process though :) .... my worry is currently the registration getting blocked for some reason :) .... quietly confident would be current description :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I am cheers ..... its difficult to post with an assumption though ... I know the randomness of the ticket process though :) .... my worry is currently the registration getting blocked for some reason :) .... quietly confident would be current description :) 

Remember there are other options too. 
Have you ever missed one since you first went? 

Just now, stuie said:

Remember there are other options too. 
Have you ever missed one since you first went? 

2003 was my first and only missed  2009 but I got back in the country a few weeks before the festival after spending 8 months travelling around Nz ... selling t-shirts that I designed as I went and a couple of months working on the vineyards , sorry I digress , I didnt really try that year although there might have been options available had I thought about it .... 

i tweeted oxfam a few days ago about available roles so I am exploring some options :) 

3 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

It’s not actually a very steep hill, a few drama queens tend to make out it’s the north face of the Eiger.  It’s got steps, a bannister and a pub at the top of it.  Also it can get nice and windy at the top, ideal for someone from Wellington! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

There was no option for my flat in Taunton :) 

You travel from Taunton every day of the festival? Isn’t that like 2 hours minimum of your day pissed away on travel and getting in/out of site? 

you do you but I know I couldn’t be arsed with that

edit: I have now realised what has happened, how foolish I have been

Edited by jow95

1 minute ago, jow95 said:

You travel from Taunton every day of the festival? Isn’t that like 2 hours minimum of your day pissed away on travel and getting in/out of site? 

you do you but I know I couldn’t be arsed with that

no that was only because I dont have a ticket currently :) I camp near the JP in my own tent normally :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

no that was only because I dont have a ticket currently :) I camp near the JP in my own tent normally :) 

Recite 12 ‘love the farm, leave no trace’s whilst holding your old wristbands, it will bring you good luck come resale

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

they are all attached to the ribbon tower hat .... i will put it on and do the recitals :)

was it just bad luck? Or was there a reason your ticket efforts weren’t as comprehensive as previous years? 

just goes to show that no one is safe. Enjoy every ticket as much as you can because you never know if you’ll get another one

Just now, jow95 said:

was it just bad luck? Or was there a reason your ticket efforts weren’t as comprehensive as previous years? 

just goes to show that no one is safe. Enjoy every ticket as much as you can because you never know if you’ll get another one

yes ... bad luck unfortunately .. I had more help than ive ever had before and  luck has usually been with me .... but not always in the main sale ... ive won tickets before and the chance to buy them .... absolutely make the most of every Glastonbury you can those tickets are incredible thing to have :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yes ... bad luck unfortunately .. I had more help than ive ever had before and  luck has usually been with me .... but not always in the main sale ... ive won tickets before and the chance to buy them .... absolutely make the most of every Glastonbury you can those tickets are incredible thing to have :) 

Too true, every time we leave the festival  I take a last lingering look at the site in the knowledge that I might never see it again. Even did the same when we left the pilton party this year. When we walked the site during the fallow year I could still sense the atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Too true, every time we leave the festival  I take a last lingering look at the site in the knowledge that I might never see it again. Even did the same when we left the pilton party this year. When we walked the site during the fallow year I could still sense the atmosphere. 

We do this too. We stand at the top of the Hill of Death and look back down at all the lights. The trees have grown a lot over the years so not quite as clear as it used to be but still brings a tear. Luckily our son got our tickets for next year so hope to repeat! We have been very lucky. Just need a ticket now for our other son who missed out.

• Upvote 1

We've hired a caravan for the last 5 festivals. Generally have 7-8 people in a 6-birth, 6 in the van and 1-2 people in the awning with an inner-tent. The cost isn't too bad when its split between that number and the shower, fridge and additional space make it absolutely worth it. Having a car parked next to the caravan is also a massive help as we tend to load it with all the alcohol and as many bags as we can to make the walk in easier for everybody else.

interesting to see strong representation from the caravaners in second place though .... I wonder if thats because of the forum members selling that option very well over the years ? surely worthy view should have higher numbers than caravans ? hope this poll is as inaccurate as some of the other polls floating about at the moment (not on here ;) )