Crowded house.

eddie_corrigan

My only concern would be if they were not playing Pyramid (which would be the best place/ most obvious place them) and they've got the Saturday headlining Acoustic, 'Keane' slot. This would be a fucking catastrophe. Keane were too big for that slot, and Crowded House are bigger so surely not?

Another slightly odd possibility would be headlining West Holts. 

More likely I guess is Crowded House, Aerosmith, Macca. (Noel is on Sunday I thought?)

Just don't clash with Macca. 

Incidentally Neil Finn sung at Linda MC's memorial concert. 

Mentioned this in another thread.  In the recent Dracula tv series the ship was sailing through fog which never lifted. When the captain mentioned it seemed to be following the ship Dracula said with a smile to camera, ‘everywhere you go always take the weather with you’ !  Vampires love crowded house. Or at least the script writer does. And here’s me thinking Dracula would prefer vampire weekend. 

Edit, and their favourite live album is AC/DC if you want blood

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

22 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

My only concern would be if they were not playing Pyramid (which would be the best place/ most obvious place them) and they've got the Saturday headlining Acoustic, 'Keane' slot. This would be a fucking catastrophe. Keane were too big for that slot, and Crowded House are bigger so surely not?

Another slightly odd possibility would be headlining West Holts. 

More likely I guess is Crowded House, Aerosmith, Macca. (Noel is on Sunday I thought?)

Incidentally Neil Finn sung at Linda MC's memorial concert. 

Avalon...? That's bigger than Acoustic, right?

i absolutely cannot keep track of where we think Noel is

15 hours ago, henry bear said:

Crowded House > Aerosmith > NGHFB > Macca

Dad rock Saturday 

Probably get slated for this but that looks great to me. Yes please.

A very different, but equally enticing, equivalent to the Lizzo>Sigrid>Jungle>Chemical Brothers run on Saturday last year 

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Avalon...? That's bigger than Acoustic, right?

i absolutely cannot keep track of where we think Noel is

An effort was made a couple of years ago to tally the stage capacities here: 

Suggests Acoustic is almost three times bigger than Avalon.  Anyway, this has the whiff of the big triangle shaped one for sure.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Someone here, who claims to be ‘in the know’ on NG’s plans, claims he’s deffo playing Saturday - which you’d image places him firmly on the Pyramid. This time last year the same poster was adamant NG wasn’t playing Glasto in 2019 (contrary to what many were thinking), so could be legit.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m off to see Crowded House tonight! Never been a massive fan but I bought the tickets ages ago when I was starved of gigs (still am). My goodness am I looking forwarded to a good show!

Hope I don’t come across as bragging or unsympathetic, etc... I’m suffering from survivors guilt I think, living in NZ while the majority of the globe struggles with the pandemic. I always find myself hesitant to post happy stuff on social media knowing my family and friends are all having a helluva time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

I’m off to see Crowded House tonight! Never been a massive fan but I bought the tickets ages ago when I was starved of gigs (still am). My goodness am I looking forwarded to a good show!

Hope I don’t come across as bragging or unsympathetic, etc... I’m suffering from survivors guilt I think, living in NZ while the majority of the globe struggles with the pandemic. I always find myself hesitant to post happy stuff on social media knowing my family and friends are all having a helluva time.

Don't feel guilty. You live in a great country, with a government who've looked after it's people. I'm not gonna lie, I'm jealous! But I don't begrudge you. Have an amazing night! 🙂

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Feel that survivor's guilt too. Going to Homegrown tomorrow s a result of being starved of live music (never been before). I know quite a few people going to the New Plymouth show tomorrow. I hope it's great!

12 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Oh don;t feel guilty, its a wonderful thing that you can go to gigs, and gives us hope that there is a normal life still to come wiht gigs and fun - please report back how it was and how it felt 🙂

12 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Enjoy it pal, no shame!

16 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Ha ha, no worries. I'm certainly jealous of you, but our time will come. 

I love Crowded House and they are superb live, there's always so much warmth and good humour coming off the stage as well as the great songs. Just what we need. I hope you have a great time.

15 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Feel that survivor's guilt too. Going to Homegrown tomorrow s a result of being starved of live music (never been before). I know quite a few people going to the New Plymouth show tomorrow. I hope it's great!

See previous - have a good one!

Still not the biggest fan, but had a great night 🙂

edit: forgot to mention, before the show the missus just casually drops out in typical kiwi fashion “oh I’ve met Neil a couple of times” of course she has “and I interviewed Liam a few years ago for an online music mag”.

So why did I have to pay for tickets says I 🤣🤣

Edited by John the Moth
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...