Crowded house.

eddie_corrigan

• 4 months later...
35 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Playing Hampton Palace on Saturday. So has to be Friday or Sun now. My guest is Sunday afternoon before legends. 

That’s really interesting.  Maybe the thought of Macca being moved to the Sunday (rather than Kendrick playing it) has a little more to it.  Love these little snippets of info to get us guessing again 

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Playing Hampton Palace on Saturday. So has to be Friday or Sun now. My guest is Sunday afternoon before legends. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

That’s really interesting.  Maybe the thought of Macca being moved to the Sunday (rather than Kendrick playing it) has a little more to it.  Love these little snippets of info to get us guessing again 

Exactly what I thought first too. Maybe dad rock Saturday has moved!

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah Diana looks to still be on for the legend slot.

And Elbow were booked (I think?) for 2020 and seemingly not subbing so I don’t think they’ll be doing so next year. 

They are the classic sunset slot band though are they not? I think they subbed Arcade fire back in 2014.

They also have a new album out in November so I'd be surprised if their stock had / is about to drop.

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

They are the classic sunset slot band though are they not? I think they subbed Arcade fire back in 2014.

They also have a new album out in November so I'd be surprised if their stock had / is about to drop.

While their stock hasn't dropped as such, they've also not really grown/done anything of huge note since 2014(personally) and there's a lot of bands that have been on the rise the past few years that deserve a chance. 

21 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

They were playing Friday in 2020 and we know Kendrick Lamar and Lana Del Rey were above them on that day. I’d be surprised if the festival booked them to sub next year, going by their dates they’re very likely to be back but I doubt they’ll be fussy about moving up the lineup.

• 8 months later...
16 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Just came on my playlist. Looking forward to this! Hopefully with the sun out. 🙂

I've been playing their likely fest set a bit recently.  They're right up there on clash Friday for me, although it'll come down to mood on the day. Either way I think it'll be fantastic, perfect afternoon fare

33 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Not happy with the Waterboys / McCartney clash - as you say - its just going to be down to how you feel at that time really.

Yeah I've got loads of those especially on Friday. Instead of being annoyed about clashes I'm just trying to be really happy that I've got options!

Ask me on Friday night how that's working out 😄

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Crowded House/First Aid Kit is my most vexing clash of the weekend. I’ve pretty much resolved the others but cannot come down on either side of this one.

Chuck in Confidence Man and Dry Cleaning and that's my Friday afternoon quandry. Will all come down to a combination of my mood and what friends are watching I suspect.

40 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Crowded House/First Aid Kit is my most vexing clash of the weekend. I’ve pretty much resolved the others but cannot come down on either side of this one.

Agreed - this is my worst clash. I'm leaning towards Crowded House as have been lucky enough to see First Aid Kit a few times already.

1 minute ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

Agreed - this is my worst clash. I'm leaning towards Crowded House as have been lucky enough to see First Aid Kit a few times already.

Ditto, plus it'll be a good singalong.

Biggest pull to FAK for me is the fact that a couple of mates are there, and I like to try and catch some sets with them if I can.

Or it's the big Confidence Man party up in The Park...