Crowded house.

eddie_corrigan

I remember when Zane Lowe used to present the BBC coverage and in 08 was talking about his highlight of a particular day and I was expecting him to say some alternative/rock band but he went for Crowded House- part he said to him being a kiwi but a good choice anyways.

I'd definitely be up for this

3 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I was very fortunate to catch 2 of the Neil & Friends shows in Aukland in 2001. Eddie Vedder, Johnnny Marr and 40% of Radiohead among others. They rank as 2 of the best shows I've ever seen.

Jesus they must have been amazing. Later released on the live album, '7 worlds collide' I believe. 

What a stage of talent. It shows the huge respect Neil has from others artists. 

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Jesus they must have been amazing. Later released on the live album, '7 worlds collide' I believe. 

What a stage of talent. It shows the huge respect Neil has from others artists. 

Damn straight they were. Neil Finn brings such a relaxed vibe, chatting to the crowd, it almost felt like your mates on stage. As well as the CH classics, Vedder tearing up split enz classics with Neil’s teenage son’s band and I think Marr’s first ever performance of How Soon Is Now? Since leaving The Smiths. i had gone to one show and had such a great time, I went back 2 nights later and amazingly got a last minute ticket on the door! Truly memorable and magical shows. 

The dvd is well worth tracking down.

• 2 weeks later...

Loads more dates announced. We still a Glastonbury shaped hole.

I'm wondering if they might also be a headlining West Holts possibility. 

Tuesday June 16 -  Cardiff, UK
Motorpoint Arena

Wednesday June 17 - Glasgow, UK
SSE Hydro Arena

Thursday June 18 - Birmingham, UK
Arena Birmingham

Saturday June 20 - Landgraaf, Netherlands
Pinkpop Festival

Sunday June 21 - Werchter, Belgium
TW Classic

Tuesday June 23 - Berlin, Germany
Tempodrom

Fan presale Wed Dec 11 at 9am local time.

Wednesday June 24 - Cologne, Germany
Live Music Hall

Fan presale Wed Dec 11 at 9am local time.

Friday June 26 - Zeeland, Netherlands
Concert At Sea

Monday June 29 - Cork, Ireland
Live at The Marquee

Wednesday July 1 - Dublin, Ireland
Trinity College

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Playing the Sat, according to https://www.sheltermusic.com/events (h/t @GlastoFestFeed on Twitter):

A91A2009-16F2-4792-8AD1-1B328C5D0EAB.png

Hmmm, interesting. Anyone seen/aware of this site? Surely no benefit to them lying about this?

If they play the Sat, where do we think they'll be? Pyramid late afternoon? John Peel?

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Hmmm, interesting. Anyone seen/aware of this site? Surely no benefit to them lying about this?

If they play the Sat, where do we think they'll be? Pyramid late afternoon? John Peel?

I think it’s their management company, this is a list of shows the acts signed to the agency are playing. 

7 hours ago, henry bear said:

Crowded House > Aerosmith > NGHFB > Macca

Dad rock Saturday 

Despite being a 30yo woman "dad rock" seems to be my thing.

Big decisions will be needed in regards to the chair situation. Do I hold a folded one for the last 3/4 acts, take it back and miss a bit of someone or go without all day and ruin my feet for Sunday. There are no good options!

Fun fact: my brother thought the lyrics were "Always take your mother with you everywhere you go" until well into his teens. 

8 hours ago, henry bear said:

Crowded House > Aerosmith > NGHFB > Macca

Dad rock Saturday 

Works for me. I won't be there for Noel but at least one of my group will hang around for him, so I can go elsewhere then know what spot to return to for Macca 👍

I am so glad about this as good as confirmation for Crowded House though. The sound of my childhood.