Sign in to follow this  
aidenlangan95

Field Day 2020

11 hours ago, jannybruck said:

They're all DJs and producers. If they're new additions then it's pretty clear they're fully leaning into the electronic thing this year.

they've already said they're doing the electronic thing.

Which surely just makes it a normal night at a normal London venue. 

Some people might know Paul Woolford as Special Request.

If the lineup mentioned is true, overall it's quite disappointing. I live really near to the venue so I might just try and pick up a really cheap ticket nearer the time.

Biggest problem for Field Day is that it has no USP.

Edited by aidenlangan95

48 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Some people might know Paul Woolford

I should hope so. He's been around for 20+ years. ;) 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I should hope so. He's been around for 20+ years. ;) 

nope never heard of him. 😛

It's such a shame that they've just been pummelled into the ground by other festivals sucking up their bookings: All Points East, Lovebox and Junction 2 are all elbowing in on Field Day's turf and I can't really see much of a future for the festival unless it really downsizes.

The last couple at Victoria Park were fantastic fun and a great, mixed lineup.

38 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It's such a shame that they've just been pummelled into the ground by other festivals sucking up their bookings: All Points East, Lovebox and Junction 2 are all elbowing in on Field Day's turf and I can't really see much of a future for the festival unless it really downsizes.

The last couple at Victoria Park were fantastic fun and a great, mixed lineup.

Yeah, I think its lost its way a bit and they were unlucky last year with the weather causing them problems. I'm surprised they stayed at the Drumsheds as I thought they would want to erase the bad PR from last year and have a fresh start at a new venue.

As you say, there is no shortege of alternative festivals and so some will naturally run their course and be replaced with new brands. Citadel springs to mind. Although, Lovebox seems to have done ok after moving on from Vicky Park.

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they've already said they're doing the electronic thing.

Which surely just makes it a normal night at a normal London venue. 

The above sums it up nicely, it just sounds like another night at any  number of night clubs in London.

47 minutes ago, Dales said:

Yeah, I think its lost its way a bit and they were unlucky last year with the weather causing them problems. I'm surprised they stayed at the Drumsheds as I thought they would want to erase the bad PR from last year and have a fresh start at a new venue.

I presume they have some sort of deal with the local council or developers around that site – they're actively regenerating Meridian Water, so I imagine they get a great deal (and probably some funding) to keep it there. Certainly a lot easier and cheaper than putting it in a park further into town.

57 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I presume they have some sort of deal with the local council or developers around that site – they're actively regenerating Meridian Water, so I imagine they get a great deal (and probably some funding) to keep it there. Certainly a lot easier and cheaper than putting it in a park further into town.

Very good point.

2 hours ago, Dales said:

As you say, there is no shortege of alternative festivals and so some will naturally run their course and be replaced with new brands. Citadel springs to mind. Although, Lovebox seems to have done ok after moving on from Vicky Park.

The above sums it up nicely, it just sounds like another night at any  number of night clubs in London.

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

They own the venue. 

Broadwick Live own the festival and the venue (after their  divorce from Global last year )

Primavera Sound was going to take place at Broadwick's Drumsheds. The Field Day founder had the idea to merge the two events then shit hit and fan, he stepped down. 

Thanks, thats quiet interesting and explains a lot.

Printworks etc. I can see why it's gone electronica.

Edited by Dales

Not my bag this festival/genre but sharing is caring... 

O'flynn, Paul Woolford, Tsha, Floorplan, Kettama, Logic1000, Floating Points, Josey Rebelle, Maribou State, Jungle DJ, Adelphi Music Factory, Prospa, Jaguar, Mount Kimbie, Ross From Friends aka Felix Clary Weatherall, Tale Of Us.

Not saying that is the line up, we'll see come announcement day that's pretty soon.