Field Day 2020

aidenlangan95

Some people might know Paul Woolford as Special Request.

If the lineup mentioned is true, overall it's quite disappointing. I live really near to the venue so I might just try and pick up a really cheap ticket nearer the time.

Biggest problem for Field Day is that it has no USP.

Edited by aidenlangan95

It's such a shame that they've just been pummelled into the ground by other festivals sucking up their bookings: All Points East, Lovebox and Junction 2 are all elbowing in on Field Day's turf and I can't really see much of a future for the festival unless it really downsizes.

The last couple at Victoria Park were fantastic fun and a great, mixed lineup.

38 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It's such a shame that they've just been pummelled into the ground by other festivals sucking up their bookings: All Points East, Lovebox and Junction 2 are all elbowing in on Field Day's turf and I can't really see much of a future for the festival unless it really downsizes.

The last couple at Victoria Park were fantastic fun and a great, mixed lineup.

Yeah, I think its lost its way a bit and they were unlucky last year with the weather causing them problems. I'm surprised they stayed at the Drumsheds as I thought they would want to erase the bad PR from last year and have a fresh start at a new venue.

As you say, there is no shortege of alternative festivals and so some will naturally run their course and be replaced with new brands. Citadel springs to mind. Although, Lovebox seems to have done ok after moving on from Vicky Park.

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they've already said they're doing the electronic thing.

Which surely just makes it a normal night at a normal London venue. 

The above sums it up nicely, it just sounds like another night at any  number of night clubs in London.

47 minutes ago, Dales said:

Yeah, I think its lost its way a bit and they were unlucky last year with the weather causing them problems. I'm surprised they stayed at the Drumsheds as I thought they would want to erase the bad PR from last year and have a fresh start at a new venue.

I presume they have some sort of deal with the local council or developers around that site – they're actively regenerating Meridian Water, so I imagine they get a great deal (and probably some funding) to keep it there. Certainly a lot easier and cheaper than putting it in a park further into town.

57 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I presume they have some sort of deal with the local council or developers around that site – they're actively regenerating Meridian Water, so I imagine they get a great deal (and probably some funding) to keep it there. Certainly a lot easier and cheaper than putting it in a park further into town.

Very good point.

2 hours ago, Dales said:

As you say, there is no shortege of alternative festivals and so some will naturally run their course and be replaced with new brands. Citadel springs to mind. Although, Lovebox seems to have done ok after moving on from Vicky Park.

The above sums it up nicely, it just sounds like another night at any  number of night clubs in London.

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

They own the venue. 

Broadwick Live own the festival and the venue (after their  divorce from Global last year )

Primavera Sound was going to take place at Broadwick's Drumsheds. The Field Day founder had the idea to merge the two events then shit hit and fan, he stepped down. 

Not my bag this festival/genre but sharing is caring... 

O'flynn, Paul Woolford, Tsha, Floorplan, Kettama, Logic1000, Floating Points, Josey Rebelle, Maribou State, Jungle DJ, Adelphi Music Factory, Prospa, Jaguar, Mount Kimbie, Ross From Friends aka Felix Clary Weatherall, Tale Of Us.

Not saying that is the line up, we'll see come announcement day that's pretty soon. 

Confirmed acts according to Evening Standard:

Adelphi Music Factory
Artwork
Bicep (Live)
Donna Leake
Floating Points (Live)
Floorplan (DJ set)
George Fitzgerald & DJ Seinfeld
Imogen
India Jordan
Jaguar
Josey Rebelle
Jungle (DJ set)
Kettama
Logic1000
Mall Grab
Maribou State (DJ set)
Mount Kimbie (DJ set)
Overmono (Live)
Prospa
Ross From Friends (Live)
Special Request (Live)
Tale Of Us
Tsha & O'Flynn

• Upvote 1

Not sure what the capacity is going to for this one, looking like it's just going to be a multi-room indoor set up, which will basically just be for people who want to go to a daytime rave that finishes at 3am, not got enough on the bill to tempt me up there this time around I wouldn't think, when you compare it to something like Junction 2 anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone go to this last year? Just wondering how the line-up normally works in terms of scheduling. I really fancy Bicep, Floating Points and George Fitzgerald but wondering if they will all clash :D

Difficult to say, really.  Last year they had the likes of Skepta, Earl Sweatshirt, Death Grips etc. outdoors on a sort of 'main stage' and the more electronic stuff in a warehouse sort of thing.  Looking at this year's line up, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was indoors on a handful of stages? 

7 hours ago, WStoner said:

Difficult to say, really.  Last year they had the likes of Skepta, Earl Sweatshirt, Death Grips etc. outdoors on a sort of 'main stage' and the more electronic stuff in a warehouse sort of thing.  Looking at this year's line up, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was indoors on a handful of stages? 

Thanks. Sounds like to me that Floating Points and Bicep will probably clash then, which would make it not worth it for me. The setup doesn't really appeal, particularly if there's no outdoor aspect.

5 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Not having some outdoor element but still having the festival in the height of summer feels a bit of a weird one to me. If you are going to run an entirely indoor festival, do it at Easter or something when you are not competing with another 10 festivals in London alone.

Yeah I must admit it's a bit off-putting. If it's a sweltering day, which July often does provide, it's going to be pretty unpleasant being indoors all day.

In fairness, the main Drumsheds building is huge, don't recall there being too many issues with heat etc last year. As people have said though, there were was a main outdoor stage, and then 2 stages in the Drumsheds venue, and then 3 or so smaller outdoor stages, would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of outdoor element. 

2 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

In fairness, the main Drumsheds building is huge, don't recall there being too many issues with heat etc last year. As people have said though, there were was a main outdoor stage, and then 2 stages in the Drumsheds venue, and then 3 or so smaller outdoor stages, would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of outdoor element. 

Weather was rubbish last year though – or was on the day I went, at least – so it wouldn’t have been...