Field Day 2020

aidenlangan95

The evolution of Field Day continues through to 2020, settling into our second year in our new home The Drumsheds. Expanding our offering of electronic music, this years Field Day will celebrate the full spectrum with both live and DJ performances across three stages of music, with our indoor stages, including our main stage, running louder and later than any other London festival.

Welp.. seems like they’re going full in as being an electronic festival. Not really my thing so I’m out.

Bicep could be huge for all I know .. but going from Jorja/Skepta to them?

Edited by Glenn Coco

8 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

The evolution of Field Day continues through to 2020, settling into our second year in our new home The Drumsheds. Expanding our offering of electronic music, this years Field Day will celebrate the full spectrum with both live and DJ performances across three stages of music, with our indoor stages, including our main stage, running louder and later than any other London festival.

Welp.. seems like they’re going full in as being an electronic festival. Not really my thing so I’m out.

Bicep could be huge for all I know .. but going from Jorja/Skepta to them?

They sold out two nights at Brixton Academy in less than 10 minutes. But they're playing there literally 2-3 months before, so they're going to need to get some high-profile other names.

Interesting that it's moved to July, so it won't be sharing acts with Primavera Barcelona like it has done in previous years. Seems sensible considering All Points East is hoovering up acts that might have otherwise done Field Day.

I got told both Bicep and Forest Swords were doing All Points East but looks like that's not happening.

1 hour ago, WStoner said:

This is going to need the under card to end all under cards to sell enough tickets to make it viable.

Maybe they're going for a Printworks all dayer vibe?  But then people could just go to Printworks and not miles out to Tottenham / Meridian 

It's basically a north London Printworks anyway, and Printworks isn't going to be around for too much longer, the same company are going in big on the Drumsheds site, will only increase the number of events held there in 2020.

11 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

It's basically a north London Printworks anyway, and Printworks isn't going to be around for too much longer, the same company are going in big on the Drumsheds site, will only increase the number of events held there in 2020.

Why do you say that about Printworks - thought it was going great guns so why would they want to close it?

9 minutes ago, jr1312 said:

Why do you say that about Printworks - thought it was going great guns so why would they want to close it?

My understanding of the situation is that the original idea of Printworks was for it to be a fairly temporary setup, the ultimate plan for that site is to redvelop it, so Printworks would then need to go.

Edit: The main Canada Water scheme was approved by the council last week, and exploratory works have begun near to Printworks, so it will be gone once they start that phase of the development.

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

47 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

My understanding of the situation is that the original idea of Printworks was for it to be a fairly temporary setup, the ultimate plan for that site is to redvelop it, so Printworks would then need to go.

Edit: The main Canada Water scheme was approved by the council last week, and exploratory works have begun near to Printworks, so it will be gone once they start that phase of the development.

Interesting, ta

4 hours ago, WStoner said:

This is going to need the under card to end all under cards to sell enough tickets to make it viable.

Maybe they're going for a Printworks all dayer vibe?  But then people could just go to Printworks and not miles out to Tottenham / Meridian 

3 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Printworks promoter/venue and field day are basically the same company. Part of Broadwick Live 

Edited by JBarbour

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Does these acts mean anything, to anyone?  O'flynn, Paul Woolford, Tsha, Floorplan, Kettama, Logic1000, Floating Points, Josey Rebelle

Not clued up on this genre 

I only know Floating Points, don't  have a scooby doo about the others.