Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

621 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Not checking his recent setlist but the reactions here said enough. Like Noel he probably understands that he's playing the Glasto pyramid, not touring his new album.

I think he couldve added a couple more new songs. This isnt Coachella 2017 where he released the album 2 days before his performance and nobody knew the new songs at all. People have had plenty of time to digest the newest release so it shouldnt have to be a requirement to please the masses. He isnt going to have a big crowd anyway so why should it matter. Let people leave if they didnt invest time into listening to  an artist and finding songs they enjoy which arent on the radio. Saw tons of people give up on McCartney after the first hour cause they didnt have the patience.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Are we strapped in, Kenny crew? Not long now. Properly psyched. Should be decent crowd movement from Lorde beforehand. 

Not sure why you got a downvote for this so have an upvote 👍

One of the greatest performances in history, and one of the greatest crowd reactions to boot. From the inspired choice to go through the albums in order, right down to the miraculous feat of him somehow managing not to sweat in that long sleeved shirt, the entire thing was absolutely remarkable. Truly awestruck. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I was incredibly surprised of the crowd involvement. I watch it in the back and literally EVERYONE was bouncing. 

Good to hear that went all the way to the back. Was in the front pit and it was going off.

To all those who doubted he’d pull a crowd, I think he got a bigger crowd than Biilie.

He did what Kanye should have done. He went all out. It was probably my favourite headline set of the weekend.

Said in other threads that the second half of Macca will go down in history, but I must mark Macca down for that shoddy first hour.

Took 2 mates who'd never heard of him before. All of us really enjoyed it. We were prob half way back & there was a lot of room.

Weird end though, we thought the mic cut out. Everyone around us expected it to carry on for an encore. Speaking to someone in a food queue, apparently he threw the mic, but it didnt translate further back 

Humble should have ended it, the ending felt flat from where we were... otherwise, excellent.

I am an old bloke, sitting at home ticketless for the first time since my first visit in 2007.

I wouldn’t know Kendrick Lamar from a kick up the arse… and had no intention of watching tonight.. but the lack of viable options made me give it a go.

wow! What a polished performance.. I went to see Kanye out of curiosity but this fella is a country mile better… simple staging, great choreography and perfect tempo… the crowd absolutely lapped it up.

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

To all those who doubted he’d pull a crowd, I think he got a bigger crowd than Biilie.

He did what Kanye should have done. He went all out. It was probably my favourite headline set of the weekend.

Said in other threads that the second half of Macca will go down in history, but I must mark Macca down for that shoddy first hour.

First half of Macca was certainly aimed at his fans rather than Beatle fans.  Last 90 mins was the best I’ve ever personally seen at the pyramid in my 7 Visits.  Very special