Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

As the years go by and Kendrick's rise inevitably continues I think this will be one that a lot of people regret not attending

100% agree. I think this will go down as one of those legendary Glasto sets where people who weren't actually there say that they were 🙃

15 hours ago, ConorC said:

I knew kendrick would do his bit but the setlist and the crowd are what elevates this gig into classic status I reckon.

It was loud in the pit where I was (which was to be expected) but I wasn't expecting it to sound as wild as it does watching it back on TV. The crowd feedback during the early Maad City-Money Trees-Backseat Freestyle run is absolutely insane. 

As the years go by and Kendrick's rise inevitably continues I think this will be one that a lot of people regret not attending. 

I think due to his level of performance and we way he has evolved live, he's way ahead of where he was when I first saw him in 2016, and then on the Damn tour in 2018, I think way down the line he could be asked back to headline again. 

On iplayer it looked stunning, cant imagine how good it must have been in the field, cant wait for Birmingham in November. 

Watched it back on iplayer. 

I enjoyed it at the time, but it worked a lot better on TV, especially the ending. We all left (and those around me) thinking his mic cut out & a bit bemused. 

He was very good, but it didn't translate further back on the field as much I hoped it would.

53 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

It did feel like a watershed moment for him on British shores. Good on him for knocking it out of the park.

Probably the most potently political in its closing statement of the three Pyramid headliners too.

Yeah I was in the pit and it was absolutely glorious, a real defining moment for him as an artist. Hope he enjoyed himself I really do.

Set of the weekend for me. When united in grief kicked in at the start.. insane. Only thing is I was actually hoping for a few more from the new album, I wonder if he will play more at his o2 show or he will keep the same theatrical narrative etc. 

1 minute ago, Al2006 said:

Set of the weekend for me. When united in grief kicked in at the start.. insane. Only thing is I was actually hoping for a few more from the new album, I wonder if he will play more at his o2 show or he will keep the same theatrical narrative etc.

I have a feeling that the Milan gig was a bit of a test run for Glastonbury, which was intended as a 'greatest hits' set. Reckon his tour will be much heavier on the new material.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I have a feeling that the Milan gig was a bit of a test run for Glastonbury, which was intended as a 'greatest hits' set. Reckon his tour will be much heavier on the new material.

Certainly hope so.. although if that is the case it does mean I have to find £100 down the back of the sofa for a ticket 😂 

13 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The way the show is structured all he has to do is add another act/encore and those 20 mins will have Baby Keem and Tanna Leone who are the support acts in north america. So you can get  maybe 3 more new songs at the end and maybe just switch the order of some old ones to end the show a certain way. Unless he wants to end it with Family Ties. I bet he adds the We Cry Together video as a break too.

Edited by Suprefan

This was the 3rd time I’ve seen him and watching him on the Good Kid tour to now is unbelievable he was phenomenal then but he’s a phenomenon now. Fantastic artistry from him, knows how to hit the nail smack bang on the head. Looking forward to seeing him again later in the year. 

• 3 weeks later...

So the argument is still going to be made that an artist should neuter their setlist to appease casual fans and not just do what they intend? I would say production issues mightve not allowed some things to be done and baby keem still couldve come out for Family Ties. But yeah, you make the judgement on if Kendrick shouldve just done this.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2022/worthy-farm-pilton-england-33b59035.html

Watched setback yesterday on iplayer.

As a casual fan who particularly likes TPAB I was blown away on the night by the performance. I watched from the sound towers and everyone around me seems to know all the lyrics and were very much up for it which helped.

However it must have been magical in the pit judging by BBC viewing and for the tv viewer the performance was maybe even better with being able to see close ups and the interaction with dancers.

definately another level talent and so pleased I decided to go to see him.

Kendrick’s set was as close to a greatest hits set as you’re ever gonna get from him. 7 GKBC tracks in a row right off the bat and then all his other singles played throughout, many of which he hadn’t played regularly in years - don’t know what more you could want from him.

Family Ties being played with Baby Keem was missed by literally nobody (or maybe just Supre).

• Upvote 1