Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

You’d hope they’d just go somewhere else rather than stay and boo. But I think Kenny’s crowd will thin significantly after the first half dozen or so songs. Could end up being a classic set without the requisite audience. We’ll make up for that in the pit. 

I'm still a bit unsure about my Sunday headliner, but reading some people's excitement is swaying me towards Kendrick. I'm stuck between him, bicep and PSB.

Don't know much of his stuff, but have a feeling it could be a legendary set. 

Do people think he will lean on a lot of his more well known material or could he just hook me in by his performance regardless of what he plays?

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Anyone want to have a go at predicting what songs we will get from the new album?

I'm going with 

United in grief

N95

Die hard

Count me out

Then I'm not sure. I'd love auntie diaries. 

I'd say Savior with Baby Keem after Family Ties. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, About Today said:

I'm still a bit unsure about my Sunday headliner, but reading some people's excitement is swaying me towards Kendrick. I'm stuck between him, bicep and PSB.

Don't know much of his stuff, but have a feeling it could be a legendary set. 

Do people think he will lean on a lot of his more well known material or could he just hook me in by his performance regardless of what he plays?

If its your standard, "play the songs" type set then he will start with the well know big chart songs hes had.

if its the "artistic play" style set some of us are thinking it will be (youtube his incredible grammy performence) then its all up in the air.

From the new album think he could drop

N95

Die Hard

Count Me Out

Savior or Rich Spirit (Leaning towards Savior only because I think Keem will be there, he's playing London a week after)

Mr Morale

Mirror

-

Family Ties ft Keem 

-----

Thoughts on Rihanna & Travis Scott showing up?
Another thread talking about how she could also do her song with McCartney.

I can't see it, after giving birth just a month ago. Though maybe she's feeling like it, who knows what she wants to do.

My girl would scream if they did LOYALTY together, but I'm keeping realistic expectations low... 

• Upvote 1

Gonna give a setlist a go. He did 21 songs at Coachella which I think was an hour and a half so just gonna go with that. Formatting on the numbers the end went to shit but you get the idea:

1. United in Grief
  2. N95
  3. DNA
  4. King Kunta
  5. Silent Hill
  6. Backseat Freestyle
  7. Element
  8. Die Hard
  9. Swimming Pools (Drank)
  10. Loyalty
  11. Rich Spirit
  12. Wesley’s Theory
  13. The Blacker the Berry
  14. Count Me Out
  15. m.A.A.d city
  16. Family Ties (with Baby Keem)
  17. Humble
  18. Mirrors
  1. Mr Morales
  2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe
  3. Alright 

I’m sure you could argue on which new album songs are included and tbh I struggled to cut a few, but I think that setlist covers all bases and would go down very well. Guys got so many hits now that even with it being quite heavy on new stuff you’d never have to go a couple of songs without a banger appearing. 

• Like 1

Loving seeing these setlist predictions, getting me hyped.

I think he will go pretty heavy on the new album personally.. at least 9 tracks from it.

I can also really see Beth Gibbons turning up for Mother I Sober, considering her connection with the festival. 

21 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Loving seeing these setlist predictions, getting me hyped.

I think he will go pretty heavy on the new album personally.. at least 9 tracks from it.

I can also really see Beth Gibbons turning up for Mother I Sober, considering her connection with the festival. 

Yeah I struggled to whittle it down to 21 so Mother I Sober had to get the cut, although both Wesley’s Theory and The Blacker the Berry are probably a bit more wish-listy rather than realistic as they’ve never been setlist mainstays so guess one of those could be replaced. 

After getting over the fact I’m not going this year, I had a look to see what the BBC coverage was like.

Pleasantly surprised to see Kendrick Lamar on BBC Sunday night. For some reason, I’d made up in my head that he didn’t broadcast his sets.

Should be a cracking set, very jealous of all of you who will be there!

It’s a hard one to call (between what I think would sound great in his set/what Kendrick will prefer to play in his set/what songs from previous albums get the nod). If I had to put together a set list now with a realistic/preferred set list, I’d go with the below (and be chuffed with it).

1. United In Grief

2. N95

3. HUMBLE/DNA

4. Swimming Pools

5. Purple Hearts/Die Hard

6. King Kunta

7. ELEMENT

8. Money Trees

9. Saviour Interlude/Savior (w Baby Keem)

10. Maad City

11. Mr Morale

12. LOVE/LOYALTY

13. Backseat Freestyle

14. Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe

15. DNA/HUMBLE

Encore

16. Count Me Out

17. Alright

18. Mirror

I think somewhere between 15 - 20 songs is what we will get. A few of the above are interchangeable so the order could be drastically changed around, it’s just what I feel he will play combining 6/7/8 off the new album with his other big hitters. Personally I’d love to see some S80 on there, and from GKMC I’d personally love one of Sing About Me/Art of Peer Pressure to make an appearance, although I don’t see it happening. 

I’ll be checking his Milan show set list Thursday at some stage as I’m eager to know what’s being played.

See you all on Sunday evening, rain, sleet or shine!!