Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is just gaslighting. You were saying this exact thing!

That’s not gaslighting Matt, it’s you blowing things out of proportion and take offence whenever anyone dares question your favourites.

I used the phrase “fairly chin strokey” and you extrapolated that into me saying “no party”. You then suggested that this makes me unaware of Kendrick’s back catalogue, which again seems off considering how much I’ve posted about him down the years.

Just that we’re clear I am not suggesting there would be no party at Kendrick, but I am suggesting there would be a bigger party vibe at PSB.

Clear.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

My mate just said it best in you should feel uncomfortable if N or F word is used by someone who isn’t. It isn’t my place to say if Kendrick can say it in that tune or not to be honest as a straight man. 

Post modern nonsense. 

I’m hoping for ‘chin strokey’ tbh. All my favourite Kendrick tunes are the longer, drawn out, heavy on the jazz stuff. I can leave the traditional bangers. 

In reality I think it’ll be somewhere in between the two. I do think he’ll lean into the album quite a lot - it feels like one that really needs to be experienced live and in big chunks too. And he had loads of DAMN tracks in the last setlists. 

One good thing is it’ll probably finish before Bicep, so quick jog over to d@b the serotonin levels back up is on the cards. 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

One good thing is it’ll probably finish before Bicep, so quick jog over to d@b the serotonin levels back up is on the cards. 

That usually the case? Definitely remember leaving after Disclosure had finished playing Holts in ‘14 and Kasabian still being on, and apparently The Cure finished 15 minutes later than Janelle last time. 

36 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

it wont be radiohead level chin strokey, but for people who arent hip hop heads? dont know i think it will pass them by in large parts. i mean if you listen to DNA, Maad city, Backseat freestyle, bitch dont kill my vibe, money trees, XXX and dont think its gonna be fun then its just not for you i guess. and thats ok. luckily glasto has like a million stages 😛

This is what I said this morning. If you're not into Kendrick or hip hop and you go along and get disappointed that you missed someone else then frankly you're an idiot

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

That usually the case? Definitely remember leaving after Disclosure had finished playing Holts in ‘14 and Kasabian still being on, and apparently The Cure finished 15 minutes later than Janelle last time. 

Hmm dunno about Sunday actually but I caught the end of Underworld after Muse. I’m expecting his set to finish earlier than a normal Sunday headliner though, because it’ll be shorter (and I’ll think they’ll start him normal time rather than pushing it back to account). 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

At least with Kendrick v PSB v Bicep there isn’t, on paper at least, a wrong answer.

All three are as close to a guaranteed good time as you can get.

If it ends up being Kenny / PSB / Bicep / Charli XCX / Fontaines that’s one hell of a lineup 

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

At least with Kendrick v PSB v Bicep there isn’t, on paper at least, a wrong answer.

All three are as close to a guaranteed good time as you can get.

This. A lot of good times to be had that night. 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm intelligent enough to actually appreciate Kendrick 😅

Only listened to the album once today and definitely enjoyed it! Enough to see him at Glastonbury? Probably not. I've seen them before but my heart is pretty set on closing out the weekend with Bicep. 

10 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm intelligent enough to actually appreciate Kendrick 😅

Only listened to the album once today and definitely enjoyed it! Enough to see him at Glastonbury? Probably not. I've seen them before but my heart is pretty set on closing out the weekend with Bicep. 

go on rapgenius and load up the lyrics and follow them. you only really need to do this once or twice and then you naturally appreciate it more. i always recommend this to people who dont always listen to this type of hip hop.

here ya go : https://genius.com/albums/Kendrick-lamar/Mr-morale-the-big-steppers

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

But where is confirmed that Fontaines are Sunday night? Did I miss something? 

Nah it’s not been confirmed and just peoples best guesses as they were booked for the Park last time. Tbh they could’ve easily been moved to Other or John Peel now that they’re a lot bigger. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah it’s not been confirmed and just peoples best guesses as they were booked for the Park last time. Tbh they could’ve easily been moved to Other or John Peel now that they’re a lot bigger. 

Fontaines are a band of happily see shunted down the lineup of a bigger stage to remove them from any clash dilemmas.

• Like 1

Album’s a massive grower. I liked it on the first listen through but what with Kendrick often straying from the typical rap formula there are obviously some moments that kind of take you by surprise and out of the moment a little, but after repeat listens it’s proven to be pretty incredible. Instant classic/equal to GKMC and TPAB? Too early to say, but I can definitely see it sitting not far off once everybody’s over the initial insane unattainable expectations. Better than DAMN, anyway, that much is certain. 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Album’s a massive grower. I liked it on the first listen through but what with Kendrick often straying from the typical rap formula there are obviously some moments that kind of take you by surprise and out of the moment a little, but after repeat listens it’s proven to be pretty incredible. Instant classic/equal to GKMC and TPAB? Too early to say, but I can definitely see it sitting not far off once everybody’s over the initial insane unattainable expectations. Better than DAMN, anyway, that much is certain. 

It’s absolutely incredible. I think this could be my favourite album of his. Genuinely.

So mature. And the ability to hook you in and unsettle you is insane. 

He is one of the greatest rappers of all time.