Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

53 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There's absolutely no doubt about the creativity within this album. It transcends hip-hop. My only concern is it translating live...to a not completely partizan audience. I wonder if these two festival appearances are going to be the litmus test to see how a new material heavy set will be received?

It could be Radiohead 1997...or Radiohead 2017.

Definitely going to be there to find out. 

Holy crap, we're guaranteed a legendary show!

3 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

thought it was great personally, so cinematic, you can imagine being there in the middle of the argument. Relatable to anyone who's been in a toxic relationship

Yeah it certainly seems to be the marmite track of the album, you either like it or you don’t, I can appreciate it artistically but I’ll be skipping it more often than not I think

overall the second half of the album could go down as one of the strongest of all time for me . Not a bad Track and simply flows phenomenally 

Just now, Obiginnaw said:

Yeah it certainly seems to be the marmite track of the album, you either like it or you don’t, I can appreciate it artistically but I’ll be skipping it more often than not I think

overall the second half of the album could go down as one of the strongest of all time for me . Not a bad Track and simply flows phenomenally 

just on track 9 now so looking forward to the rest now!

9 minutes ago, Slugy said:

Everything I can see is in defence of Kendrick and the song.

Tiny fraction of people tweeting angrily about it, almost entirely gen Z people.

All of the queer people I have on socials who would pay attention to that kind of thing either emotionally love the song and what Kendrick is trying to do, or are making ironic jokes about it. 

K-Dot don't miss. 🔥🔥

I liked DAMN. more on the first listen, but can tell some of these are just gonna get better with time. Not sure if any of these tracks are going to be as popular as HUMBLE. This is a much deeper, emotional album, not as radio friendly.

Production might be the best yet.

first listen thoughts (what is a first listen even worth on an album this deep)

my god, your soul isnt ready for auntie diaries -> mother i sober

As said by others previously, this is like his Kid A. Its not the live banger fest i thought it might be but if he goes for the theatrical set many believe he will at glasto, this could be something special.  Going back in now ive listened to it once.

Edited by TiZuff

Sampha, Beth fucking Gibbons, the production ❤️ 

Once again Glasto have nailed the booking. I know Kenny has headlined festivals before including R&L, but something about this moment feels like it could go down as an all timer.

Even  better on second listen. first listen is always tempering expectations i had in my mind on any music i listen to. the only song that truley disapoints is purple hearts because it has ghostface on it and a song with kendrick and ghostface should blow my mind (in my head).