Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

Just now, chazwwe said:

Nah. Emily booked Kendrick Lamar to play a hip hop set. If people going in have only heard 1 song and aren't a big fan of hip hop, that's on them.

Blanket brigade spitting feathers when Maroon 5 haven't emerged by the third song.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Nah. Emily booked Kendrick Lamar to play a hip hop set. If people going in have only heard 1 song and aren't a big fan of hip hop, that's on them.

No argument there, but there's still a wide gamut of ways a hip hop set can turn out - and I'm not convinced that designing a set to appeal to hardcore fans only and exclude the rest is a successful tactic to triumph on El Pointo.  In any genre. Just ask Springsteen.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No argument there, but there's still a wide gamut of ways a hip hop set can turn out - and I'm not convinced that designing a set to appeal to hardcore fans only and exclude the rest is a successful tactic to triumph on El Pointo.  In any genre. Just ask Springsteen.

Who said anything about appealing to hardcore only? It'll be the 2nd show of a new album. The likelihood is that he'll do 5-6 songs of this album. His Vegas show was 26 songs but normally he does 19 -20. Which means a gold 3rd of the set would be new album.

Just now, chazwwe said:

Who said anything about appealing to hardcore only? It'll be the 2nd show of a new album. The likelihood is that he'll do 5-6 songs of this album. His Vegas show was 26 songs but normally he does 19 -20. Which means a gold 3rd of the set would be new album.

A half hour of this in the middle of the set would go over like Kanye's Bon Iver section.

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Father Time, Purple Hearts, Auntie Diaries, Mr Morale, Mother I Sober and Mirror are the early highlights for me 

United In Grief, N95, Father Time, Purple Hearts, Count Me Out, Auntie Diaries, Mr Morale, Mother I Sober and Mirror are my highlights.

Thought rich in spirit had great production but my finger was hovering over skip a bit.

There are some absolutely incredible moments in this. 

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I could do without We Cry Together. I get it but not for me and will be an auto skip.

Agreed. Rate the artistry and the intent, will probably have a handful plays at most though no matter how much I re-run this.

I fast-fwd through the second half of Blame Game too, and MBDTF is a top 5 all-time album for me. It happens.

He's got 18 songs to pick from. Theres some very heavy songs on it that won't go down well, but pick the right songs and mix in his other bangers and it'll be an all time set. 

It'll be interesting to see how much the BBC bleep out. I can't see it but hearing Auntie Diaries on the Pyramid would wreck me.

Just now, chazwwe said:

It'll be interesting to see how much the BBC bleep out. I can't see it but hearing Auntie Diaries on the Pyramid would wreck me.

On recent evidence, BBC probably gonna bleep out a whole pro-trans song.