Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Imagine if this album’s shit. Like, it obviously isn’t gonna be, but just imagine if it’s a huge misstep and is just a bit shit.

By the standards he’s set even a solid 7/10 album would be a massive let down.

Trying to keep an open mind and not get too hyped…

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Someone's already made the point that if it's a clunker it makes the Sunday night dilemma less painful.

While the set may be heavy on Morale there’s still four/five albums worth of stellar material to draw on.

The latest Heart track doesn’t suggest there’s too much to worry about.

That album cover has ‘classic’ written all over it. Like, you can’t have an album cover of you wearing a diamond encrusted crown of thorns with a gun tucked in your belt and the album just be shit. The hype is well and truly at unreasonable levels and it’s gonna be the greatest album ever. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He’s been working on this for a long time I hope it’s good. 

If he drops another clear 10/10 he’s going to be known as one of the best rappers of all time. I mean it.

💯 he’s kicking his way into my top 5 dead or alive. If this record hits like GKMC or TPAB he’s there I think.

The crown, the baby in hand and the gun in the pants. Goat shit.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Has he announced any other European dates around Glastonbury other than that one in Milan? I'm not a fan but getting him to come over for pretty much just Glastonbury is a brilliant booking. I won't be there but glad it's happening for all of you.

Nope just that. Billie is also a European festival exclusive. 

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Has he announced any other European dates around Glastonbury other than that one in Milan? I'm not a fan but getting him to come over for pretty much just Glastonbury is a brilliant booking. I won't be there but glad it's happening for all of you.

He’s back in the states soon after for Rolling Loud, so yes it is just a very short trip to Europe. 

I’ve just watched his Reading set on YouTube and, well… it’s not great is it? The crowd are well up for it but I can’t see a Glasto crowd being that enthusiastic if there’s that little of a show going on.

I’ll be there and I obviously want him to smash it, but I think I’ll be hanging around on the Holts/Other escape route side.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

People talking as if he hasn’t already made the greatest rap album of all time.

Hm not sure about that. He’s in my top 5 hip hop artists but album is more difficult. There’s absolutely loads in the conversation (and I’m ignoring acts I don’t really like Lil Wayne and Drake):

Good Kid MAAD City

To Pimp a Butterfly

The Illmatic

Ready to Die

Life after Death

Mm.. Food

Madvillainy

The Chronic

Enter the Wu Tang

MM LP

College Drop Out

Late Registration

MBDTF

The Blue Print

The Score

Reasonable Doubt

The Infamous

Black Star

Black on Both Sides

Aquemini

Stankonia

Midnight Marauders

All Eyez on Me

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Nope just that. Billie is also a European festival exclusive. 

Billie more by circumstance. She was pegged as a replacement so who knows how it wouldve been if she was just hitting every fest like she was prior to covid. It worked out since she had all Those O2 dates and likely some flexibility on booking the arena.

5 hours ago, Bradders said:

I’ve just watched his Reading set on YouTube and, well… it’s not great is it? The crowd are well up for it but I can’t see a Glasto crowd being that enthusiastic if there’s that little of a show going on.

I’ll be there and I obviously want him to smash it, but I think I’ll be hanging around on the Holts/Other escape route side.

The main difference is he didnt bring his whole production that he had at Coachella and the arena tour that followed. some other elements in there that would make a difference. plus guests.  im sure people that watch it on tele will say it was boring and that Noel shouldve headlined. at least the album is out n 36 hours and wasnt out for 2 days before he performe.d

pro shot of that below

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Xt411e7Ph/

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Hm not sure about that. He’s in my top 5 hip hop artists but album is more difficult. There’s absolutely loads in the conversation (and I’m ignoring acts I don’t really like Lil Wayne and Drake):

Good Kid MAAD City

To Pimp a Butterfly

The Illmatic

Ready to Die

Life after Death

Mm.. Food

Madvillainy

The Chronic

Enter the Wu Tang

MM LP

College Drop Out

Late Registration

MBDTF

The Blue Print

The Score

Reasonable Doubt

The Infamous

Black Star

Black on Both Sides

Aquemini

Stankonia

Midnight Marauders

All Eyez on Me

Some great albums there, and I won’t pretend I’ve listened to all of them.

For me GKMC is the all time #1.

• Upvote 1

With pretty much every one of my favourite artists there is a little bit of creeping doubt about dropping a stinker. There is no an ounce of doubt in me on this one, he can't miss. Even if he goes all Kanye and thinks his god like mentioned above he will drop some sure fire bangers of biblical proportions.

27 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I think that's the only thing I'm concerned about, a lot of people who have seen him.at English festivals haven't rated him very highly.

What gives me hope is this is (currently) one of three announced shows. No burnout. Plenty of scope to do something smart with it.

I just feel like this could be different.