Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Why? Could totally imagine that kind of move from someone with such a ruthlessly curated media presence, especially as that presence spins wildly out of control...

True!! Looks like it wasn’t anyone being silly anyway thank fuck 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Pretty interesting - a TDE leaker as revealed that Kendrick ghost-wrote basically all of Baby Keem’s material (as well as at least part of Jay Rock’s verse on Money Trees).

The Baby Keen thing I find really funny, as the style and tone is so different to Kendrick’s stuff, so as someone pointed out in that thread, it’s like he’s experimenting and having fun using another rapper as the conduit. Baby Keem his rap industry alt account lol

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Looks like I'll be flying solo for Kenny. My lot are talking PSB as, in their eyes, that's where the party vibe will be over Kendrick.

My friends are idiots.

Mrs b announced recently that she loved PSB and can’t wait to see them on the farm. News to me after all these years. Henry jnr and I will be outvoting her though…

• Upvote 1

Out of all the acts of the line up, I'm most keen to get a good spot for Kenny. Moving in to the crowd as the sub finishes should be enough to get me in the pit right? Seen a few predictions that he won't have a massive crowd which I don't get, but is better for a good spot 

11 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

Out of all the acts of the line up, I'm most keen to get a good spot for Kenny. Moving in to the crowd as the sub finishes should be enough to get me in the pit right? Seen a few predictions that he won't have a massive crowd which I don't get, but is better for a good spot 

I'd imagine that if you're determined enough you should be fine. Depends who else is on though, I guess. I can't see PSB attracting much of the under-30 crowd and not really sure of the pull the likes of Bicep will have. For Kenny's sake I'd like him to get a big crowd.

12 minutes ago, Yg23 said:

excited to be with ya'll as close as possible to Kendrick, hopefully i'll manage to get into the pit (any tips for a 1st timer? 😅)

Ive been in the pit for alot of headliners on the pyrmaid, heres my general strat for artists i love. In the pit its where the hardcore homies are at and the vibe has always been great.

well firstly if the sub is someone you like get there before the sub and get as close as possible . on switch over to the sub get somewhere where you can see the entrance to the pit  so you watch the sub from off left or off right. keep an eye on the time because as the sub sends you will see people leaving early, start making your way forward. as soon as the sub ends get near the entrance and let people out. try and get in once the line of people leaving ends, from the back as theres always alot of space at the back of the entrance to the pit and its rammed at the front. try avoid the other stage side for obvious reasons.

If you love the sub id get in the pit for the sub, nothing to lose really. If you hate the sub or the clash is really bad, be ready to risk it for the biscuit. but dont be one of those plebs that gets there last minute and just mucles their way in 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KPSandwiches said:

I'd imagine that if you're determined enough you should be fine. Depends who else is on though, I guess. I can't see PSB attracting much of the under-30 crowd and not really sure of the pull the likes of Bicep will have. For Kenny's sake I'd like him to get a big crowd.

I think Kendrick will have the smallest crowd of the 3 Pyramid headliners by far.

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Pretty interesting - a TDE leaker as revealed that Kendrick ghost-wrote basically all of Baby Keem’s material (as well as at least part of Jay Rock’s verse on Money Trees).

The Baby Keen thing I find really funny, as the style and tone is so different to Kendrick’s stuff, so as someone pointed out in that thread, it’s like he’s experimenting and having fun using another rapper as the conduit. Baby Keem his rap industry alt account lol

Was listening to a few of these yesterday - Kendrick's version of 16 sounds so good, even if it's just a reference track. 

Friends and label mates (or family members in this case) helping each other out with writing is common in the industry so Kendrick being involved in a large part of Keem's work and being uncredited for it doesn't surprise me too much, but definitely is interesting nevertheless. Despite that though, Kendrick writing Jay Rock's verse on Money Trees is pretty crazy if true seeing as how highly regarded that feature is.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It's hard to tell outside the echo chamber that is this forum but there's far greater anticipation on here for Kendrick than Billie I would say.

Hard to measure but Billie will have a bigger crowd by far. Probably one of the biggest female pop acts going right now. 

Kendrick will have a solid crowd. I do get a hunch tho that if you want the full experience you’re going to have to be down in the pit.

I saw Kanye down in the pit and it was awesome, but people stood right at the back thought it was shit. 

I feel like for rap/hip hop gigs you need to be stood where the fans are!

4 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I rate Jay Rocks verse on Money Trees so highly I can’t believe anyone would give it away. I’d say second to Rick Ross on Devil in a New Dress for best feature 2010-2020. Legendary. 

Couldn't agree more

I've listened to the new track 5 times or so now and I seriously think it's the best thing he has done since TPAB. Absolutely sublime. Especially that Nipsey verse at the end. Stunning. 

Edited by PDAD

13 hours ago, Yg23 said:

excited to be with ya'll as close as possible to Kendrick, hopefully i'll manage to get into the pit (any tips for a 1st timer? 😅)

It gets difficult towards the end of the day, especially if the sub compliments the music of the headliner (fewer people will leave), but generally speaking, approach from the side as the sub finishes their set. If that means you need to leave another area slightly earlier, that's just what you'll need to do. You may need to push through a bit, but there's usually enough movement to make it into the pit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozzyozwald said:

Appreciate this. Just have to worry about holding my bladder then 🤣

Small sips of water and have a pack of gum so you feel like your mouth has moisture. I did  almost 14 hours on the barrier in 2017 for Radiohead and didnt piss til afterwards. Drank about one bottle of water all day. Helped that it was nice and cloudy so there wasnt a need to drink more.