Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

I'd take that with a pinch of salt tbh. Open'er said he'd have a new album in time for their 2020 edition. I know the album could have been massively delayed - or ripped up and started anew as rumoured - but I feel like he might just be sending out that teaser to all promoters without obligation to actually stump up the new material.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I'd take that with a pinch of salt tbh. Open'er said he'd have a new album in time for their 2020 edition. I know the album could have been massively delayed - or ripped up and started anew as rumoured - but I feel like he might just be sending out that teaser to all promoters without obligation to actually stump up the new material.

The lyrics in family ties makes it sound like he binned an entire project. I was watching an interview of his the other day where he said if TPAB was scheduled a few months later it would have been changed to. Sounds like he wants to write about how things are in the present.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah but the question is how much will he debut at Glasto since its gonna be broadcast on tele regardless. And will he be doing an album rollout prior to any shows or not.

I imagine if the album is out before the festival, it'll be a new album show. He's never really done a greatest hits set (outside of the Day N Vegas show) all of his festival sets normally feature majority songs of a new album. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I imagine if the album is out before the festival, it'll be a new album show. He's never really done a greatest hits set (outside of the Day N Vegas show) all of his festival sets normally feature majority songs of a new album. 

When I saw him in 2014 headline Pitchfork it was his victory lap tour for Good Kid so he had varied his set up more by then compared to 2012 and 2013 performance wise.  He cant do what he did in 2017 and put it out the friday of a fest and expect everyone to know the words. And how responsive is everyone gonna be if he drops in 7 or 8  new songs to a crowd of 75,000 people. 

Edited by Suprefan

What is everyone's wish-list songs? 

For me I would love to see Sing About Me, Wesley's Theory, Untitled 03, Element & XXX. I doubt he'd play them, but just one would make my night. Also would love a freestyle. 

Actually if he played Cartoons and Cereal I think I'd cry.

so excited about the prospect of a new album before the festival!

As for the older songs, would love to get Wesley's Theory, These Walls, and a few of the tracks from untitled unmastered, especially "Blue Faces"/untitled 08 (probably not gonna happen though...)

5 minutes ago, Haan said:

For me I would love to see Sing About Me, Wesley's Theory, Untitled 03, Element & XXX. I doubt he'd play them, but just one would make my night. Also would love a freestyle. 

Just the Vegas set. All of it.

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I reckon Wesley's Theory isn't out the question. Might just be an interlude though.

Swimming Pools — in full and not part of a medley — is always the one for me. Lump in untitled 07 as well as all the big hitters and I'm a happy man.

Untitled 07... God I still can't get over the creative zone Kendrick was in during TPAB... to drop an album full of cuts that didn't make the main album and it's still gold

15 minutes ago, Yg23 said:

so excited about the prospect of a new album before the festival!

As for the older songs, would love to get Wesley's Theory, These Walls, and a few of the tracks from untitled unmastered, especially "Blue Faces"/untitled 08 (probably not gonna happen though...)

Think that's a mirror match with me. Don't think he played I on his last tour either which I'd rate

2 hours ago, Haan said:

Untitled 03 would be incredible live. He performed it on the final Colbert Report. Can only find the audio. Even better than the album version.