Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Scenes when his half time show is just him chilling with Michael Eavis and announcing he's playing Glastonbury followed by a 10 minute cover of MDMAmazing.

My head runs with possibilities but I wonder if he didn’t want to announce any shows before Feb super bowl? That is a problem for other festivals but perfect for Glastonbury?

Maybe maybe maybe who knows.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’ll only have 15-20 minutes so I’m expecting a massive medley.

Unfortunately I’ve always tried to stay up and watch the half time show at the super bowl but by the time it starts I’m slumped on the couch fast asleep. In fact I start to get drowsy just watching the players being introduced one by one.  Gonna try again this year! 

Regarding Super Bowl - Snoop Dogg has just announced an album dropping 13th February. Mary J Blige has just announced an album coming out 11th February. Eminem album rumoured in the coming weeks. Dr Dre posted on Insta saying the performance will introduce the next saga of his career, and said the other day in this interview that it will probably be a 'springboard' for the other stuff they've all got planned. In line with this, I would guess that Kendrick's album rollout starts following this performance (I doubt it'd be a part of the show itself).

Wouldn't necessarily mean anything for Glastonbury specifically, as he may well drop the album this year and still not play Glasto - but wishful thinking suggests there could be some movement coming in line with the rumours of him playing. Also could be why he's not announced any other shows/festivals yet.

Edited by Col!n

1 minute ago, Col!n said:

Regarding Super Bowl - Snoop Dogg has just announced an album dropping 13th February. Mary J Blige has just announced coming out February 11th. Eminem album rumoured in the coming weeks. Dr Dre posted on Insta saying it'll introduce the next saga of his career, and said the other day in this interview that the performance will probably be a 'springboard' for the other stuff they've got planned. I would guess that Kendrick's album rollout starts following this performance (I doubt it'd be a part of the show itself).

Wouldn't necessarily mean anything for Glastonbury specifically, as he may well drop the album and still not play Glasto - but wishful thinking suggests there could be some movement coming in line with the rumours of him playing. Also could be why he's not announced any other shows/festivals as him/his label are waiting for the rollout to begin.

This does feel very Kanye 2015 where he promoted new material with a few big shows here and there but no solid tour. Lots of one offs.

5 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

I think it could really be so simple as Kendrick saw the value in retaining the show, the offer was rolled over twice, both festival and performer honoured their word and — world tour & other fests or not — they’ll stick to it.

Whether that means we get a glimpse of new Kenny era or a kind of Day N Vegas type nostalgia redux, who knows. Maybe it’ll be one for the ages or maybe it’ll run back the 2017-18 playsheet.

Still keeping the faith.

I'm torn here. 

As much as I'd love for him to kick off the new album (if he plays that is) at Glastonbury, I'd also equally love him just as much to play a very similar set list to the Vegas show. It would be a moment if he were to use Glastonbury as the kick off to the new album tour, or at least have it as one of his first major shows debuting the new material, as it definitely would create a lot more hype and have more eyes on the headline set if he were to combine that with a new album/singles. 

On the other hand, I'd love just as much to see him run through S80 to DAMN. I saw him at V Festival which must have been 2013 when he was touring GKMC, and I haven't got around to seeing him again. Would feel very nostalgic for me watching him run through the back catalogue, especially if he's including the likes of ADHD, HiiPower, Art of Peer Pressure, Sing About Me, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe. I appreciated TPAB for what it was but in all honesty it was my least enjoyable listen to a Kendrick album. DAMN I enjoyed but still don't think it has a scratch on GKMC. Still has bangers such as DNA, HUMBLE, LOVE, LOYALTY and DUCKWORTH which are still frequently played in rotation. 

Either option spoils us, I hope he's there.