Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suddenly this thread is relevant again. Fishing it out of the bottom of the forum. Back from the dead it’s Kung fu Kenny.

In a time where another Adele album is coming amongst a bunch of other A-listers dusting off their boots to perform again. I do feel like the Kendrick album has sunk a bit in terms of hype… but it would be wrong to think this isn’t one of the most hyped releases of 2021/2022.

Super Bowl, a hugely anticipated follow up to DAMN… what a year to bag him. 

Top of the morning

There was a rumour I remember seeing a while ago about Top Dawg planning a ‘takeover’ of sorts with Kendrick, Dre, Em and possibly more all having end of year releases. That Superbowl lineup might suggest there was something to that, so fingers crossed we eatin’ soon.

Hyped he’s back in the Glastonbury picture as I’d pretty much written that off entirely.

Very excited for this. Been wanting to see Kenny since The Recipe dropped but it's not worked out for one reason of another. It would be pretty cool to see him 10 years after first becoming a fan!

Wonder if we'll get any of these Super Bowl guests coming over for Glastonbury? KInda hope not - I just want to see Kenny smash it - but it'd be wild to see someone like Dre show up.

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There was a rumour I remember seeing a while ago about Top Dawg planning a ‘takeover’ of sorts with Kendrick, Dre, Em and possibly more all having end of year releases. That Superbowl lineup might suggest there was something to that, so fingers crossed we eatin’ soon.

Hyped he’s back in the Glastonbury picture as I’d pretty much written that off entirely.

Interscope* not TDE, as Em and Dre aren't on TDE but yeah I heard this too, but take that with a huge pinch of salt cause Dr Dre doesn't really release albums on time lol

28 minutes ago, jparx said:

Very excited for this. Been wanting to see Kenny since The Recipe dropped but it's not worked out for one reason of another. It would be pretty cool to see him 10 years after first becoming a fan!

Wonder if we'll get any of these Super Bowl guests coming over for Glastonbury? KInda hope not - I just want to see Kenny smash it - but it'd be wild to see someone like Dre show up.

would most likely be Baby Keem and Jay Rock

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Super bowl has some of the biggest disconnects from anything else performance wise. Whatever happens there likely wont follow elsewhere. They sign some insane contracts. Thats something that derailed The Weeknd from the Grammys this past year. But I mean they did decide to just make it a copy of Coachella 2012 but in a nice 15 minute package.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Rumours on twitter the album may drop tomorrow

Well his Spotify picture has changed, so seems like we’re definitely gonna be getting something soon, whether it be the album or just a single. 

Either way…. let’s get this shit, let’s get this shit, let’s get this shit, let’s get this shit.

(This snippet sounds pretty fire)

Edited by FloorFiller

Just a point that he’s set to headline that Day N Vegas festival next month which was advertised as him only playing old material so would be kind of odd for him to drop a new album before that but play nothing from it… unless the whole ‘playing stuff from old albums’ was some kind of ruse to put people off the scent. 

I’m fully not expecting a new album tomorrow, but will also be refreshing his Spotify page all through the day just in case.

Edited by FloorFiller