Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

But that’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works.

Eh? How come? There were less bands on the pyramid in 2013 so the stones could have their production.

in 2019 I highly doubt Kylie could have had the stage show and set duration she had if there were more artists playing on the stage.

In my opinion every act on the pyramid should be getting 1 hour +. Only way to do that is have less acts and give them time to set everything up and take it down. If you’re playing on the pyramid you should be bringing the kit baby!

Just now, Matt42 said:

Eh? How come? There were less bands on the pyramid in 2013 so the stones could have their production.

in 2019 I highly doubt Kylie could have had the stage show and set duration she had if there were more artists playing on the stage.

In my opinion every act on the pyramid should be getting 1 hour +. Only way to do that is have less acts and give them time to set everything up and take it down. If you’re playing on the pyramid you should be bringing the kit baby!

Every act should have three truck loads of props if they wanna play the main stage? Erm.

Anyway, the stage programming in 2019 just started considerably later than in 2017 and acts had roughly the same gaps between acts.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Every act should have three truck loads of props if they wanna play the main stage? Erm.

Anyway, the stage programming in 2019 just started considerably later than in 2017 and acts had roughly the same gaps between acts.

And it’s shut down

• 6 months later...

Enjoying it. Does sound a bit rough though.

I thought the rumours were the new record would be rock oriented? Or at least have some of those elements? I’ve only listened to the two above, but wondering if this might not be the material he’d been working on before?

46 minutes ago, jparx said:

Enjoying it. Does sound a bit rough though.

I thought the rumours were the new record would be rock oriented? Or at least have some of those elements? I’ve only listened to the two above, but wondering if this might not be the material he’d been working on before?

Yeah someone said this might be a DAMN or unmastered cut.

• 2 months later...

Gotta wonder about that new album, he was supposed to be ready to release his rock album start of this year, I wonder if any of it still exists after the year we've had. Seems like a lifetime ago but there's no way the summer of BLM won't have made a mark on his stuff. I'm happy for him to take his time and drop whatever he wants though, complete faith in the guy.

30 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Gotta wonder about that new album, he was supposed to be ready to release his rock album start of this year, I wonder if any of it still exists after the year we've had. Seems like a lifetime ago but there's no way the summer of BLM won't have made a mark on his stuff. I'm happy for him to take his time and drop whatever he wants though, complete faith in the guy.

Apparently he scrapped everything he had planned due to recent events. Might explain the leaks.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Apparently he scrapped everything he had planned due to recent events. Might explain the leaks.

Fair, did he not do something similar before TPAB?

I loved that in the run up to that album he played a few tracks on shows that weren't in the final cut, got us completely ready for what we were about to receive without spoiling anything. Then flipped it by using a live version on the album of the one studio thing he'd put out on. Then we got the studio versions of the other ones anyway. I love him.

35 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I just hope it isn't BLM The Album. He is more original than that.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

I just hope it isn't BLM The Album. He is more original than that.

Well yeah for a start there's a pun in BLM sounding a bit like album but I can only make it work with my wine mouth.

He's been very vocal about black lives already, I'm curious about the narrative he'd take on it. I only mentioned it at all coz it's something he's passionate about, songs like alright have already addressed the issues and I can't see him repeating himself.

Can imagine a lot of his new one will be ultra political with the wealth of stuff he has to take aim at in America right now. Definitely my most anticipated upcoming album - with Kanye seemingly having his glory days behind him Kendrick is the last major hip hop artist who is making such grand artistic statements and albums that become events. I’m sure this will be no different.

• Upvote 1