Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fuck it, I’ll come out and say it... I’m expecting to see Dre.

I’ll go 2 better , I’m expecting to see Dre, snoop and cube . West cost represent. 

Lights go out ... 

“hey K dot ... I got something to say “ 

*pandemonium*

stil dre drops ... Dre and snoop comes out ...

fireworks go off , we all crip walk in the field. 

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Is this not just one show he's doing in a run of multiple consecutive dates? Can't imagine Glasto will be any more important to him than the other shows he's doing before and after. 

Yeah this. I really don’t think he’s gonna see this as a particularly big deal or anything anything. Don’t think he did anything special or brought out any huge guests for Coachella so don’t imagine he will here either.

I doubt Dre will show up unless he's got any reason to be in the UK that weekend - would love to be proved wrong on that though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jorja there now she's seemingly involved in his new project and would be fitting as it's on UK soil, guess we can wait and see who's on the album...

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this. I really don’t think he’s gonna see this as a particularly big deal or anything anything. Don’t think he did anything special or brought out any huge guests for Coachella so don’t imagine he will here either.

I’m not sure, Glastonbury is world famous in a way only Coachella can match. It wasn’t just another gig to the likes of Jay-Z, Beyoncé or Kanye.

17 hours ago, henry bear said:

Is this not just one show he's doing in a run of multiple consecutive dates? Can't imagine Glasto will be any more important to him than the other shows he's doing before and after. 

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m not sure, Glastonbury is world famous in a way only Coachella can match. It wasn’t just another gig to the likes of Jay-Z, Beyoncé or Kanye.

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sure but Kendrick has more of a preceding reputation for phoning in performances, right? Plus his form for not allowing sets to be broadcast nor photographers in the pit.

Mass reply... But yeah my biggest concern with Kendrick is that it’s going to be a phoned in performance. I don’t think he will bring out any guests (especially since this will be a third night on the trot gig for him).

I really don’t think he’s the type to bring out guests. Maybe Jorja at a push.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah sorry first night. Still it doesn’t give me hope there is a big stage production.

I think he’ll either be on good form for all of his shows or they’ll all be phoned in. I agree with the sentiment that he won’t necessarily treat Glasto as anything special.

I feel optimistic that he’ll put on a banger of a set, though. He’ll be fresh on the new tour with new material. His show at Leeds 2015 was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to, even though it wasn’t anything special production wise. On the other hand, his headline gig at Leeds 2018 was average at best even though the production was huge.

41 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think he’ll either be on good form for all of his shows or they’ll all be phoned in. I agree with the sentiment that he won’t necessarily treat Glasto as anything special.

I feel optimistic that he’ll put on a banger of a set, though. He’ll be fresh on the new tour with new material. His show at Leeds 2015 was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to, even though it wasn’t anything special production wise. On the other hand, his headline gig at Leeds 2018 was average at best even though the production was huge.

Yeah I think there won’t be any tricks up his sleeve but he’ll have a good, receptive crowd in front of him and he’ll feed off that. It’ll be like Stormzy, with fewer frills but better songs.

Guests can sometimes be the low point in a set anyway. Not that Dre would suck the atmosphere outta the place like Justin Vernon or Tricky but not really hankering for, say, Future to run out from side stage.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Is that his normal time? Hm, thats a tad disappointing. 

Theory seems to be that Panic! At the Disco were paired as a ‘co-headliner’ with him at Reading/Leeds due to his current setlist only being 1 hour 15 and so not long enough to be a stand-alone headliner. Might’ve changed for the new tour, but probably not if he was happy to stick to such a short time last time round.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seems from the Reading set  that he was already shaving 10+ minutes off the 1hr15 set length.

Aye it was little over an hour in total. I think his Coachella set was a bit longer, though.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Really? Stormzy only did 75 mins?

Yeah. The full set was on YouTube but looks like it's been deleted now.