Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Agreed. I find it hard to put TPAB over it as well, as great an album as it is I never really go back to it.

I used to because of what the record was in the context of the time, people chanting “we gonna be alright” during Black Lives matter marches. Probably a more important and artistic record BUT GKMC just got too many bangers to ignore

40 minutes ago, swede said:

Your tripping if you think Jay Rocks verse is better than either Big Sean’s or Kendrick’s control verses 

Nah. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Jay Rock on this potentially best verse of the decade. That or Ric Ross on Devil in a New Dress. Do not at me.

IMAGINE ROCK UP IN THEM PROJECTS

I'd also like to give a shout out the moment on m.A.A.d city when Kendrick comes in with 'fresh out of school, cause I was a high school grad' after the beat change as one of the best Kendrick moments ever - the strings in the background rising, the MC Eiht intro, the classic West Coast g-funk synthesizer noise (Or whatever the hell that is called) that kicks in later on the verse.

Is mAAD City potentially Kendrick's best song???

1 minute ago, JackDoesDrawing said:

I'd also like to give a shout out the moment on m.A.A.d city when Kendrick comes in with 'fresh out of school, cause I was a high school grad' after the beat change as one of the best Kendrick moments ever - the strings in the background rising, the MC Eiht intro, the classic West Coast g-funk synthesizer noise (Or whatever the hell that is called) that kicks in later on the verse.

Maddest tune gonna go off live I hope. 

You know this tune?

Wake yo punk ass up ain’t nothing but a Compton thang.

1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Maddest tune gonna go off live I hope. 

You know this tune?

Wake yo punk ass up ain’t nothing but a Compton thang.

Yes! Classic! Definitely in line for a West Coast hip-hop day while I do my Uni work. 

Would love to see him pull an absolute shock out the bag and bring out a legend like Dre. You never know! Wishful thinking though.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The fact that you need to remind people says it all, whereas my granny could could do Nicki's Monster verse.

Lad. Come on. 

11 minutes ago, JackDoesDrawing said:

Yes! Classic! Definitely in line for a West Coast hip-hop day while I do my Uni work. 

Would love to see him pull an absolute shock out the bag and bring out a legend like Dre. You never know! Wishful thinking though.

Gonna be buzzing for the tunes in the build up to him coming on stage. When they do that right and pick some West Coast and Soul classics everyone will be at fever pitch just waiting. Just picture the scenes if they drop Next Episode.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JackDoesDrawing said:

Its up there. I love that verse, also the distorted "children of the corn" verses at the end. Just for lyrical content and meaning Id put "I" up there as his best work, shame he dropped it from the DAMN ! tour and decided to play those dodgy covers at the beginning of his sets 

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Lad. Come on. 

Gonna be buzzing for the tunes in the build up to him coming on stage. When they do that right and pick some West Coast and Soul classics everyone will be at fever pitch just waiting. Just picture the scenes if they drop Next Episode.

God, I've never really thought about it before but that might be my favourite moment at festivals y'know. 

3 hours ago, Zacko said:

God, I've never really thought about it before but that might be my favourite moment at festivals y'know. 

It’s an open goal as a DJ like I’m no “selector” but I could do that gig with my fucking eyes shut.

58 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

They did that in the run-up to Lauryn Hill with Bam Bam, Baby I Got Your Money, Welcome To Jamrock et al and it turned out to be better than she was...

Our lot were running late. I said don’t worry she’ll be later than us I guarantee it. She was later than us and she was awful so I fucked off properly disappointed but not at all surprised.

DJ Hed has teased that there's a big year ahead for TDE (Top Dawg Entertainment, the record label Kendrick is signed to alongside acts such as SZA, ScHoolboy Q, Jay Rock etc) so on top of the album we're expecting from Kendrick i expect we'll be getting some new music from a lot of the other artists on the label and hopefully some appear across the line up at Glastonbury

TDE.thumb.jpg.f8b2262e4cac841bff4663bb1f4f8e36.jpg

Edited by OnlyRevolutions