Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

2 hours ago, JackDoesDrawing said:

Well that has gotten me absolutely bloody buzzing. First Ghost of Tsushima gets a release date, then they announce the new The Last of Us HBO series, now King Kenny returns. I need a first single, although that promo video is amazing too. HERE WE GO!

I just saw that the TLOU series is being made by the same producer as Chernobyl which is one of my top 3 series of all time. I have extremely high expectations for this!

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

That it? I wouldn’t consider that a leak.

If I’m correct the article was posted after an interview with Emily. Emily might have mentioned his name to a journalist or something.

I mean it’s clearly Kendrick I just think that they are holding off announcing him because they’d rather announce the last headliner with the poster.

37 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Everyone’s welcome to their own opinions and that but cannot believe anyone would rate DAM over GKMC. You lot are MAD.

Agreed. I find it hard to put TPAB over it as well, as great an album as it is I never really go back to it.

I mean this is a very friendly way, but no opinion baffles me more in the entire world than people NOT ranking GKMC as Kenny's best record. I don't get it and I never will.

Don't get me wrong, Butterfly is a tremendous record but GKMC is another level of genius. Plus Butterfly does have some filler on it. 

30 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Thank you.

Butterfly>GKMC>DAMN>UU>S80

Whilst I probably agree I listen to GKMC much more than anything else, I possibly even listen to DAMN. more than TPAB which although excellent feels like it deserves attention whilst Good Kid can easily be thrown on whilst on the bus or whatever.

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Jay Rock on this potentially best verse of the decade. That or Ric Ross on Devil in a New Dress. Do not at me.

Your tripping if you think Jay Rocks verse is better than either Big Sean’s or Kendrick’s control verses 

I find it so hard to list his albums in any order and for me it changes completely depending on my mood. 

GKMC is an incredible album and can easily be number 1 in my list on some days - the songs are almost all very accessible and it's more traditional Hip-Hop.

TPAB is obviously his masterpiece but out of the holy trinity of GKMC, TPAB and DAMN, it's also the album I go back to less often just because as a whole it's a more complex and challenging listen because of the heavy jazz elements and the theatricalness of it. 

DAMN on the other hand, for me, has the best of both of GKMC and TPAB in that it's more accessible than TPAB, and the production/flows/general structure of songs to me is slightly more interesting than GKMC. 

Then UU and S80 are both brilliant also, and both have multiple tracks that I come back to all the time. Black Panther for me was ok. 

That being said, one day DAMN is my favourite, then GKMC, then TPAB -  it changes all the time, and that's why he's such an incredible artist. 3 absolute world class classics that all appeal to different moods/times.