Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

On 12/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, lukethekid said:

I personally don’t agree with that, Stankonia is ? Some of their other stuff just doesn’t float my boat though. Obviously what I said is only my opinion like, I fully understand people have different opinions and mine isn’t the true gospel of the lord. 

Stankonia is the least perfect of all their perfect albums. But still perfect.

It has 'Ms Jackson' on so I get why it may be seen as number 1.

ATLiens is hauntingly astonishing. Andre's opening on 'Babylon'. The dark, hypnotic Organized Noise production. Elevators!

That second album proved OutKast were the real deal and here to stay. They put the South on the map.

Edited by MoveDirect

10 minutes ago, MoveDirect said:

Stankonia is the least perfect of all their perfect albums. But still perfect.

It has 'Ms Jackson' on so I get why it may be seen as number 1.

ATLiens is hauntingly astonishing. Andre's opening on 'Bablyon'. The dark, hypnotic Organized Noise production. Elevators!

That second album proved OutKast were the real deal and here to stay. They put the South on the map.

Not for me, Speakerboxxx/LoveBelow? Makes me cringe thinking that they went from making songs like So Fresh So Clean and Gasoline Dreams to Hey Ya and Roses?

5 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Not for me, Speakerboxxx/LoveBelow? Makes me cringe thinking that they went from making songs like So Fresh So Clean and Gasoline Dreams to Hey Ya and Roses?

Reducing Speakerboxxx/Love Below to the two lead singles from Andre is a bit unfair.

There are 37 other songs on those albums .Ghetto Musick, The Way You Move, Prototype are fantastic back up singles and Big Boi's Speakerboxxx is a rapping masterclass.

BB always seems overlooked in the face of 3K's otherworldly genius.

Joe Budden put it best (and similar to the Messi/Ronaldo comaprisons)...''Big Boi could be the best rapper in the world. Unfortunately he's in a duo with the best rapper in the Universe''.

Edited by MoveDirect
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, MoveDirect said:

Reducing Speakerboxxx/Love Below to the two lead singles from Andre is a bit unfair.

There are 37 other songs on those albums .Ghetto Musick, The Way You Move, Prototype are fantastic back up singles and Big Boi's Speakerboxxx is a rapping masterclass.

Joe Budden put it best (and similar to the Messi/Ronaldo comaprisons)...''Big Boi could be the best rapper in the world. Unfortunately he's in a duo with the best rapper in the Universe''.

Great post. Big Boi underrated as fuck. I slept on Outkast for a while not gonna lie. Knew the singles and rated them but didn’t properly, properly listen to them. They are incredible. Everything they did worth a good few listens.

Some really great stuff on that scene on Red Bull Music Academy site as well as a whole host of other stuff.

43 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

In the ten plus years in being on efestivals this ranks as the worst take I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MoveDirect said:

I didn’t have time to reply to this earlier but unfair? I don’t think so, the singles should be the staples of the album, they wanted to tap in to more of what they achieved with Ms Jackson so made 2 absolutely horrific songs to try and appeal to a broader audience which worked for them. The rest of the album isn’t that great either, if you listen to the rest of it it’s all over the place. I’m not denying the talent of both André and Big Boi but the album isn’t anywhere near as good as Stankonia for me. 

17 hours ago, MoveDirect said:

I prefer the Boi.  It's not that I dislike Andre, just that BB goes harder, and I enjoy that style more.