Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

Well. When this guy is going to be announced then? ?

With Taylor revealed, I think Kendrick will have his announcement when the poster drops (and presumably his new album is out). I think there’ll be a couple more big names coming before then, but not the third Pyramid headliner. 

Edited by kalifire

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

With Taylor revealed, I think Kendrick will have his announcement when the poster drops (and presumably his new album is out). I think there’ll be a couple more big names coming before then, but not the third Pyramid headliner. 

I can see that happening but also can see his own announcement given its the 50th and it’s a pretty stacked trio

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Nah we’re gonna break a record for the earliest all three headliners are revealed imo.

BST will be announced soon I reckon. I’m not sure if it will be announced before Christmas but definitely in the early new year.

I reckon we could get the first lineup poster months before we usually do. What the fuck is there to embargo anymore? All the big acts have already announced themselves or made it obvious they are doing it.

4 minutes ago, jdog said:

Announced as a headliner at a Norwegian festival on Saturday, and im Sweden on Sunday. 3 days in a row? 

Well, that suddenly makes things interesting.

Can anyone recap what specific evidence we have for Kendrick? (as opposed to him just fitting all the known criteria and being available)

1 minute ago, incident said:

Well, that suddenly makes things interesting.

Can anyone recap what specific evidence we have for Kendrick? (as opposed to him just fitting all the known criteria and being available)

I think @eFestivals had a message from someone a while back saying something along the lines of that as well as Macca that Kendrick, Taylor, Noel and Aerosmith were booked. So that looks pretty good at the moment? Might be wrong there though.

8 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

If Kendrick doesn’t get announced, I hope it’s Post Malone. Really want it to be Kendrick though. 

There's no possible way Post Malone would headline Glastonbury. That's no reflection on his music or anything, he's just not nearly big enough. I could see him sub-headline other stage or possibly headline JP though

Edited by discgoesmic

Seems unlikely to do three days on the run but could be done. Least it keeps it interesting tho I would be gutted. Didnt, before he left @Ken19 say Timberlake was doing festivals next year, Malones an option, dont know many more solo male artists that haven't played... I am brainstorming, Hope Malone or JT are nowhere near personally. Glasto then Norway and Sweden, sees unlikely on paper - shit.

Are there any other realistic options other than Timberlake given Male Solo?

37 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Seems unlikely to do three days on the run but could be done. Least it keeps it interesting tho I would be gutted. Didnt, before he left @Ken19 say Timberlake was doing festivals next year, Malones an option, dont know many more solo male artists that haven't played... I am brainstorming, Hope Malone or JT are nowhere near personally. Glasto then Norway and Sweden, sees unlikely on paper - shit.

1 hour ago, discgoesmic said:

There's no possible way Post Malone would headline Glastonbury. That's no reflection on his music or anything, he's just not nearly big enough. I could see him sub-headline other stage or possibly headline JP though

He's the second most streamed artist in the world on Spotify. Compare him to kendrick who's 77th. Definitely big enough for it.