Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

I'm kinda the opposite, I thought it was so so upon release but I've warmed to it pretty dramatically over the years, it's certainly not as good as GKMC or TPAB but I prefer it to the rest definitely. I do appreciate I'm somewhat alone in that.

This was my experience, wasn't as thrilled upon release and then when I revisited definitely appreciated a hell of a lot more, still not quite up there with the rest, but the rest are some of greatest hip hop albums of all time

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I feel like GKMC is the best overall album (and by quite a distance), then TPAB has the most standout moments on it, and DAMN. has the biggest hits. 

It's all great shit though. I really think he will bring it big time at Glastonbury.

Good Kid Maad City is deffo the number 1

100% will be all over this. I played GKMC to death when it came out. TPAB was a great album in its own right but didn't have many single hits. DAMN I feel has a mixture of both. When you put a "best of" to date setlist together it makes for a great listen full of bangers to bounce to.

3 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Good Kid Maad City is deffo the number 1

It's as good as it gets. There's only a couple of other albums I'd rank as good as it. Flawless work.

It's there with Sound of Silver, Lateralus, Kid A and 1989 as the best albums of the millennium, imo!

1 hour ago, jparx said:

It's as good as it gets. There's only a couple of other albums I'd rank as good as it. Flawless work.

It's there with Sound of Silver, Lateralus, Kid A and 1989 as the best albums of the millennium, imo!

Agree.

But if he plays, how much time you think he will get? As the Reading show was only one hour something. I would really enjoy a close to 2h show from Kenny in the pyramid.

2 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Agree.

But if he plays, how much time you think he will get? As the Reading show was only one hour something. I would really enjoy a close to 2h show from Kenny in the pyramid.

He can’t rap for two hours - I’m not sure any solo rapper does. The only way we’re getting that is if you count the setup time. :P

8 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is that a widely held opinion out there? I mean, I appreciate that he's up there with the best as a rapper at the moment, and it is a great album but that seems quite a stretch. 

It’s definitely top 10, probably top 5, potentially top 3. 

My top 3 would be:

Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

Illmatic

Good Kid Maad City

44 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Not maybe two, but I saw shows from him with 1h 30min at least. The Reading one it's barely 1h 3min

Thats the recorded version? He played for an hour and a half im pretty sure. 

Edit just checked. Nope thats weird. Only an hour show 

Edited by chazwwe

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Is that a widely held opinion out there? I mean, I appreciate that he's up there with the best as a rapper at the moment, and it is a great album but that seems quite a stretch. 

Oh it is. One of the all time great albums . Not just hip hop 

On 11/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, Matt42 said:

Hard to call. Both Taylor and Kendrick have dates announced so there is nothing putting one in front of the other in terms of likelihood.

One will be announced before Christmas. Who? Dunno just flip a coin at this point.

Difficult to imagine Kendrick being announced ahead of an album release, whereas Taylor’s album is not only out already, she’s teased UK dates. I’d say the smart money’s on her.