Kendrick Lamar

JoeyT

Kendrick Lamar - Would you be there?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Now listed as a SR - Will you be watching if he's headlining?

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Not a fan so will be elsewhere

Huge booking. I’m sure a lot of the Twitter brigade won’t see it that way and will be very vocal about it when he’s announced, but fuck them - guys a superstar and extremely talented, with three near masterpieces under his belt and hopefully a fourth on the way pre-festival. My need for a ticket has increased tenfold with this news.

• Upvote 2

I saw him at R&L and it was a really disappointing set compared to the clips of his arena tours. It was as if he had lifted the arena show, shortened it then performed it at a festival. Loads of filler tracks as well. That said, he has so many great live tracks that I'll most likely give him another go.

Just now, discgoesmic said:

I saw him at R&L and it was a really disappointing set compared to the clips of his arena tours. It was as if he had lifted the arena show, shortened it then performed it at a festival. Loads of filler tracks as well. That said, he has so many great live tracks that I'll most likely give him another go.

Reading he was average, his show at the O2 4/5 months before was unreal

19 minutes ago, mttJ said:

I'll be there unless one of my must-sees is against him on the Other. Loved him in 2015, beyond underwhelmed in 2018. 

Interesting. I’ve never seen him live. What changed? Album wise I prefer the early ones so was the poorer live performance just reflective of the newer albums? 

10 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Not for me. Great booking though.

Yeah this sums it up for me. I'm not really a fan and didn't enjoy the one time I've seen him but he's undoubtedly a great booking. Probably the most acclaimed artist of this decade and Kendrick, Macca and Taylor is a really well balanced set of headliners.