Marc Rebillet

danbailey80

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Anyone know this guy? Don't usually enjoy comedy with music but I love him

Don't think he's ever played Glastonbury.

Could see him maybe somewhere like The Glade very early on.

I've no idea who this bloke is, but have, in the past, detested any exposure to comedy within music. It's been a case of experiencing total abhorrence to it actually being allowed to exist. 

The above said, I will, in a while, look the man up, and see what he's about.

I have my doubts, but you never do know what music is going to hit you like a ton of shit in a beneficial way. 

Mate went to watch him in Bristol at motion/marble factory recently. We had concerns the joke might run thin after a couple of tracks, but he said it was really good fun and a cracking night all round. Lots of crowd interaction helped apparently. Could see him doing a late set somewhere in south east corner also 

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see him in Leeds when he played at Belgrave and it was one of the most enjoyable gigs I’ve ever been to. The music was genuinely class and he was hilarious.  He would go down an absolute storm at Glastonbury!

This tune being a highlight. Highly recommend checking him out if you have never heard of him:

Edited by Brad2434

Saw him at Heaven in London a couple of weeks back, was a cracking night out.

Ideal festival booking really, as there's no back catalogue you have to be familiar with. Glade would be perfect I reckon.

This is the tune that first put him on my radar a year or so ago, been following him ever since

Edited by mazola

• 1 year later...

Absolutely love Marc. Lucky enough to have seen him Live.

If he did do Glasto, kinda feel like he needs a tent or some level of "closed off" space. Just to create an atmosphere & for him to get to know the crowd a bit, banter back & forth. Something like an early afternoon at John Peel or a very late one at Stonebridge would be insane. Shangrila's also a good shout.

Though I feel like he's blown up even more since the Pandemic, it's always hard to gauge popularity & predict the size of crowd attracted.

3 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Absolutely love Marc. Lucky enough to have seen him Live.

If he did do Glasto, kinda feel like he needs a tent or some level of "closed off" space. Just to create an atmosphere & for him to get to know the crowd a bit, banter back & forth. Something like an early afternoon at John Peel or a very late one at Stonebridge would be insane. Shangrila's also a good shout.

Though I feel like he's blown up even more since the Pandemic, it's always hard to gauge popularity & predict the size of crowd attracted.

A secret set in Stone ridge would go off.

I'd really want to be able to see him close up, but the problem is, he's getting increasingly popular. I have a feeling that the small places like Stonebridge would get rammed if announced.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't know why I came to that conclusion, looking at the dates again, I'm feeling really good about him popping up on Friday the 24th.

Looks like he wants a travel day in between swapping countries though