Campervan East - Location of Quiet Fields

OhHellsBells

The Quiet Fields, sometimes referred to as Family Camping, are nearest to the Ped Gate C entrance.  They used to be East 17.  From anywhere in CV East you go down the 'Hill of Death'  (really only a Slope of Mild Inconvenience) to Ped Gate C.  Once in you are closest to the Acoustic Stage area, which is fine if that's where you tend to end up.  But it's a long walk home across the site if you tend to finish the night at John Peel.  Once you've climbed up the Hill going home it's a pretty flat walk to all of the other CV East fields.

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

The Quiet Fields, sometimes referred to as Family Camping, are nearest to the Ped Gate C entrance.  They used to be East 17.  From anywhere in CV East you go down the 'Hill of Death'  (really only a Slope of Mild Inconvenience) to Ped Gate C.  Once in you are closest to the Acoustic Stage area, which is fine if that's where you tend to end up.  But it's a long walk home across the site if you tend to finish the night at John Peel.  Once you've climbed up the Hill going home it's a pretty flat walk to all of the other CV East fields.

I was also confused by this. Do you know why the "quiet" fields are actually nearest the festival music/noise? Wouldn't the farther away fields, like E17, be quieter? 

47 minutes ago, La Spangle said:

I was also confused by this. Do you know why the "quiet" fields are actually nearest the festival music/noise? Wouldn't the farther away fields, like E17, be quieter? 

Because easier to walk for families with Children. accessibility issues etc.

2 hours ago, Nudenut said:

Because easier to walk for families with Children. accessibility issues etc.

Sure, I get that makes sense for accessibility ... but quieter? Was wondering if anyone had pitched in a few of these fields and had first-hand experience of volume levels. 

To explain, I've camped in the festival a few times, this would be my first camper van experience, and one of our party is hoping for a better sleep experience (all relative, of course)

7 minutes ago, La Spangle said:

Sure, I get that makes sense for accessibility ... but quieter? Was wondering if anyone had pitched in a few of these fields and had first-hand experience of volume levels. 

To explain, I've camped in the festival a few times, this would be my first camper van experience, and one of our party is hoping for a better sleep experience (all relative, of course)

There's no noise as such from the campers, but there's a fair amount of noise from the south east corner, and I'm told if you're in a tent it's annoying. Doesn't bother me in a van.

• 2 weeks later...

Ear plugs are your best friend  ! 

Use ear plugs in camper east quiet, as the background noise does rumble all night !

Its Actually much quieter in the general camper  areas for the week with possibly the exception of Tuesday night.

I always use ear plugs (and vodka) and sleep like a baby :D

• Upvote 1