The Guardian Illustration Prize Winner

henry bear

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Apparently his work is raw and uncompromising. It seems to reward the viewer the longer they spend with it. It leaves space for the viewer to interpret, yet is vivid and engaging; fresh and new, while having a warm nostalgic edge.

What a load of old boloney.

I know it's subjective, but I kind of agree with most of the negative comments here. Crucially, I don't think a single one of them has captured what I think of as the spirit of Glastonbury. I think the hippies around the circle is particularly awful, although the execution is not too bad, using 50-year-old clichés of the counter culture is embarrassing.

37 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Apparently his work is raw and uncompromising. It seems to reward the viewer the longer they spend with it. It leaves space for the viewer to interpret, yet is vivid and engaging; fresh and new, while having a warm nostalgic edge.

26 minutes ago, stuie said:

What a load of old boloney.

i think the review could actually be a review of the @stuiereview of the actual review.....

Hurrah to the use of nostalgic language... i would have lazily called it bollocks.

34 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

i think the review could actually be a review of the @stuiereview of the actual review.....

Hurrah to the use of nostalgic language... i would have lazily called it bollocks.

The longer I spend with it, it becomes more bollocks than boloney.

• Upvote 2

OK so reading it I don't think they've submitted Glastonbury-based designs.  They've submitted work in their own style, and the winner will then be designing the Grauniad's Glastonbury output in that style.

The winner one definitely makes my eyes hurt though.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

OK so reading it I don't think they've submitted Glastonbury-based designs.  They've submitted work in their own style, and the winner will then be designing the Grauniad's Glastonbury output in that style.

The winner one definitely makes my eyes hurt though.

2 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

The brief wasn't to do Glastonbury based work, they're just previous pieces the artists have done and submitted. 

Image result for fact check uk

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, stuie said:

Erm... I don't mean to be negative.  It was an adult competition, right?

You are not suggesting that it’s like the Rodney from only fools and horses submitting his drawing in the kids competition to win a holiday in Spain are you? 

Anyway the winner will be the one that easiest and cheapest to print on the free bags

Edited by Ayrshire Chris