What is the process like for buying campervan tickets?

Glasto19

6 minutes ago, Glasto19 said:

Is it the same as buying normal tickets? Refreshing furiously, holding page etc.

yeah - but mostly because everyone is trying at once, rather than there not being enough to go round.

In some previous years they've put the cv tickets on in batches, so they've gone to sold out and then more have become available within 5 minutes - so keep that in mind if they do go sold out and keep trying for a while.

6 minutes ago, Glasto19 said:

I know I'll have to select the type of campervan ticket and enter my registration number.

you'll need your postcode too. It's much like buying the entrance tickets, but with much less chance of 'sold out'. :) 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

yeah - but mostly because everyone is trying at once, rather than there not being enough to go round.

In some previous years they've put the cv tickets on in batches, so they've gone to sold out and then more have become available within 5 minutes - so keep that in mind if they do go sold out and keep trying for a while.

you'll need your postcode too. It's much like buying the entrance tickets, but with much less chance of 'sold out'. :) 

Thanks - that's good to know.

Do you think there's much point in using multiple devices and auto-refresh, or am I likely to get a ticket just by refreshing on one device?

Just now, Glasto19 said:

Do you think there's much point in using multiple devices and auto-refresh, or am I likely to get a ticket just by refreshing on one device?

Hmmmm. Will the cv tickets sell-out, or not? :P 

That's a difficult one to answer. There appears to be enough availability overall, but cv tickets get bought (via other registrations) by people who need to get a ticket in the resale, and get bought by people who quite like the idea of a campervan but back out because of high rental price or availability - so there might be more buyers than tickets tomorrow. 

There were a number of CV resales over following weeks/months last year tho, so there should be the opportunity to get one later (a friend of mine did).

On 11/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, eFestivals said:

Hmmmm. Will the cv tickets sell-out, or not? :P 

That's a difficult one to answer. There appears to be enough availability overall, but cv tickets get bought (via other registrations) by people who need to get a ticket in the resale, and get bought by people who quite like the idea of a campervan but back out because of high rental price or availability - so there might be more buyers than tickets tomorrow. 

There were a number of CV resales over following weeks/months last year tho, so there should be the opportunity to get one later (a friend of mine did).

I can't believe I was stressing out for nothing. I had three computers set up with VPNs etc. I didn't even see a holding page - straight through and purchased before 19:01!